Jump to content

Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He made quiet a statement by letting Barkley go deep in the 4th qtr even with the game out of reach.  The statement is the Bills are all business and won’t take anything lightly.

He learns from his mistakes.  But he also trusts his assistants.  Pretty sure those kill shots were on Daboll.  (But McClappy let him keep those plays in the playbook.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Sometimes, we just let the posts speak for themselves.

Matt Barkley career stats 212-363 2699 yds 11td 22 int in 19 games.  These are the stats of a terrible qb

Matt Barkley Bills stats 53-97 788 yds 3td 4int in 8 games.  Piss poor despite the bomb he connected on today.  Anyone trust this guy to lead us to playoff victory?  Didn't think so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Matt Barkley career stats 212-363 2699 yds 11td 22 int in 19 games.  These are the stats of a terrible qb

Matt Barkley Bills stats 53-97 788 yds 3td 4int in 8 games.  Piss poor despite the bomb he connected on today.  Anyone trust this guy to lead us to playoff victory?  Didn't think so.

He's a backup quarterback and is fine for that role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He's a backup quarterback and is fine for that role.

There are a bunch of better positional players who serve as backup QBs in the league, but there's no one at that position who can help (and has helped) Josh Allen be and get "right" more than Barkley. In that light, his value to the team is tremendous. Besides, if the Bills were to play without Allen (knock on wood), they aren't doing much anyway. 

I would be open to the Bills having someone at QB2 who has more to offer, but I think that doesn't happen until after next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There are a bunch of better positional players who serve as backup QBs in the league, but there's no one at that position who can help (and has helped) Josh Allen be and get "right" more than Barkley. In that light, his value to the team is tremendous. Besides, if the Bills were to play without Allen (knock on wood), they aren't doing much anyway. 

I would be open to the Bills having someone at QB2 who has more to offer, but I think that doesn't happen until after next season.

With no elite defenses this year, any team that loses their starting QB is screwed, IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Taysom Hill for a backup QB.  Not because he's a starter-quality backup (he's decent), but because of everything else he could bring when Josh is still in the lineup.  One of my favorite players in the league.

(Note: Not saying he would be available.  Just dreaming.)

Edited by carpandean
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I'd take Taysom Hill for a backup QB.  Not because he's a starter-quality backup (he's decent), but because of everything else he could bring when Josh is still in the lineup.  One of my favorite players in the league.

(Note: Not saying he would be available.  Just dreaming.)

I can’t stand that dude.  His name is Taysom.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, carpandean said:

(Note: Not saying he would be available.  Just dreaming.)

I think there's something to be said for finding a backup who can do some of what Allen does (i.e., a big-bodied guy who can move and run).

The team doesn't seem set on that, though. Barkley backs up Allen, and the plan seems to be (or to have been) for Fromm to serve as the eventual backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I think there's something to be said for finding a backup who can do some of what Allen does (i.e., a big-bodied guy who can move and run).

The team doesn't seem set on that, though. Barkley backs up Allen, and the plan seems to be (or to have been) for Fromm to serve as the eventual backup.

I don't think Fromm has the arm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think Fromm has the arm. 

I agree.  I hate to say it but would bringing in Tyrod Taylor as the backup next season make sense? He knows the system, is mobile and we know he can lead a team to the playoffs.  He’d also be an interesting asset to bring in on wildcat and other formations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree.  I hate to say it but would bringing in Tyrod Taylor as the backup next season make sense? He knows the system, is mobile and we know he can lead a team to the playoffs.  He’d also be an interesting asset to bring in on wildcat and other formations.

Pretty sure Tyrod had a different OC when he was here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Pretty sure Tyrod had a different OC when he was here.

yeah, Dennison.  I forgot they changed OCs, and we may have a new OC next year.  That said, I still think he is a good fit and would be a substantial upgrade on Barkley.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sense was (is) that McBeane did (do) not believe in Tyrod. So, no way they'd bring him back.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think Fromm has the arm. 

I think they need to see the guy in live-action before writing him off as incapable of serving as a QB2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

yeah, Dennison.  I forgot they changed OCs, and we may have a new OC next year.  That said, I still think he is a good fit and would be a substantial upgrade on Barkley.

I'll be surprised if we don't have a new OC next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JujuFish said:

I'll be surprised if we don't have a new OC next year.

Chargers just separated Anthony Lynn. They also have a GM who attended the same high school as Daboll (St. Francis) and a young QB with big upside. The only reason Daboll's not a HC next season is because he doesn't want to be.

That said, I would expect the Bills to strive for continuity with Daboll's system by promoting a positional coach (QB, WR, OL). What will be a huge loss, I think, is Daboll's planning and play calling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

that was the only reason i thought getting 2nd was important. I don't want to face Henry. He is a bad matchup for the Bills D

in his last two games against the Bills, Henry has only averaged 66 rush yards. The defense is much better and healthy and playing top 10 defensive ball now. The Bills can shred the Titans defense and can limit Titans rushing attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

in his last two games against the Bills, Henry has only averaged 66 rush yards. The defense is much better and healthy and playing top 10 defensive ball now. The Bills can shred the Titans defense and can limit Titans rushing attack.

I like the confidence, but I agree with the sentiment that proficient run heavy teams have the potential to be bad matchups for the Bills. I heard the Ravens had the ball for 40 minutes in week 16 or 17 - that’s a (dull) recipe for success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I like the confidence, but I agree with the sentiment that proficient run heavy teams have the potential to be bad matchups for the Bills. I heard the Ravens had the ball for 40 minutes in week 16 or 17 - that’s a (dull) recipe for success.

The Bills put up 28 points in 12 minutes yesterday. 

Also the Ravens played the Bengals and the Giants. Neither team can sustain offensive drives. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I like the confidence, but I agree with the sentiment that proficient run heavy teams have the potential to be bad matchups for the Bills. I heard the Ravens had the ball for 40 minutes in week 16 or 17 - that’s a (dull) recipe for success.

wow, didn't see that about the Raven's. Yeah I do agree that we aren't as good against the run, but I think our offense getting us up early forcing Titans/Ravens to pass more will be helpful.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I have grown to enjoy the Bills’ apparent approach on defence: Giving up chunk runs between the 20s and surrendering field goals are okay - because Allen & Co. will eventually force the other team out of that plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I worry about the colts in general to be honest. The Browns would be a better opponent as they are a worse team. Colts have a run game and have a decent defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

I worry about the colts in general to be honest. The Browns would be a better opponent as they are a worse team. Colts have a run game and have a decent defense. 

Agreed. I take some solace in the fact that their QB is a statue. I think that the Bills will come in with a good plan on D. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marions Piazza said:

read some of the Colts MB to see what fans are saying. A lot are picking the Bills and hope they don't get embarrassed. Several mentioned they're weak at CB.

If they are weak and CB I think we have a good chance. I worry about their rookie RB who has been on fire of late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marions Piazza said:

read some of the Colts MB to see what fans are saying. A lot are picking the Bills and hope they don't get embarrassed. Several mentioned they're weak at CB.

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE - Find & Share on GIPHY

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...