Jump to content

Jbot Do Something Already - Trade Deadline Edition - News Rumors and Trades


Trade Deadline Trades  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. How many trades will Jbot Complete Tomorrow

    • 0
      12
    • 1
      12
    • 2
      9
    • 3
      3
    • 4
      0
    • More
      0
  2. 2. Will He Make a blockbuster trade for a top 6 forward?

    • Yes
      3
    • No
      33
  3. 3. Which players will be trade; Who will he acquire

    • Out - Montour
      1
    • Out - Risto
      1
    • Out - Sheary
      15
    • Out - ERod
      17
    • Out - Other
      17
    • In - Kapanen
      1
    • In - Trocheck
      3
    • In - Henrique
      1
    • In - other
      15


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Would we seriously trade with them again after getting hosed so bad last time??

Why not? Maybe Botts is working on an even worse deal to get his next Tage and is hoping that the deal will make us all forget the ROR one, or atleast say that the trade wasn't as bad in comparison?

He was willing to sign their former goalie after one good season in his early 30s....

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Larsson and Risto to Stl for Thomas, Scandella and a player to be named later.

Jbot then re trades Scandella to the Leafs for Bracco

I would build a statue of Jason Botterill 

Other forum says it was an Eklund rumor lol, go back to work everyone 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Scandella one of those ebay treks where you start with a $1 and just swap things online until you've converted that dollar into a Honus Wagner rookie card? Scandella eventually purchases the entire FLA roster to merge with our own (just as the Rochester Panthsabremerks once predicted)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Thomas is looking more and more like a guy that should have gone top 5 his draft year.

Don’t blame Armstrong if he was never on the table for O’Reilly, because he could end up being O’Reilly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudacek said:

Robert Thomas is looking more and more like a guy that should have gone top 5 his draft year.

Don’t blame Armstrong if he was never on the table for O’Reilly, because he could end up being O’Reilly.

He reminds me of Giroux in more ways than one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Robert Thomas is looking more and more like a guy that should have gone top 5 his draft year.

Don’t blame Armstrong if he was never on the table for O’Reilly, because he could end up being O’Reilly.

He's the guy O'Reilly should have fetched back

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If he wanted Tage over Thomas that says all you need to know about Botterill's talent evaluation

Tage was never the target. I can't remember who my buddy said Buffalo was going after in the trade, all I know is they did not get him. Botts folded and GMs know he is weak

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

Tage was never the target. I can't remember who my buddy said Buffalo was going after in the trade, all I know is they did not get him. Botts folded and GMs know he is weak

Probably Parayko

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Tage was never the target. I can't remember who my buddy said Buffalo was going after in the trade, all I know is they did not get him. Botts folded and GMs know he is weak

Or Pegula-whipped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Tage was never the target. I can't remember who my buddy said Buffalo was going after in the trade, all I know is they did not get him. Botts folded and GMs know he is weak

Wasn't it reported Carolina had a deal on the table, and the Pegula's opted not to pay the bonus, so St. Louis it was?

If there is any truth to that, I don't put the blame on Botterill, I put it on the Pegula's. Once again, if there is truth in it.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Wasn't it reported Carolina had a deal on the table, and the Pegula's opted not to pay the bonus, so St. Louis it was?

If there is any truth to that, I don't put the blame on Botterill, I put it on the Pegula's. Once again, if there is truth in it.

I 100% blame botterill because he should have refused to make the trade. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I 100% blame botterill because he should have refused to make the trade. 

Not being behind closed doors, I am not aware who pushed moving ROR. So I won't deduce it was Botterill's idea, and I won't hold him to account for telling the Pegula's ROR stays or I go. That is not a realistic scenario, imho. I mean, honestly, could you imagine:

Botterill: "ROR stays"

Pegulas: "No, he goes"

Botterill: "He stays!"

Pegulas: "He's going, and you can always go with him!"

Botterill: "Ok, he goes"

?

Moral of this fantasy story (as are all stories surrounding the ROR saga, unless you were there) is DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If TP didn’t want to pay the bonus which is probably true, then what was Jbot supposed to do?

I went back and looked at the trade reviews at the time.  While Jbot looks like he made a bad deal now, the talking heads thought he did pretty well then.  Here is one example. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nhl/news/ryan-oreilly-trade-grades-details-sabres-blues-draft-picks-patrik-berglund/jb179og12xvh1dttn0s5c9g1i

This is what LeBrun called the trade on Twitter at the time.

1st 2019. 2nd 2021. Tage Thompson. Sobotka. Berglund. That is a major return for the Sabres. I get why the Blues did it, they add ROR and Bozak today and they're a better team. But given the midnight pressure to deal ROR, impressive by Jason Botterill

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While Jbot looks like he made a bad deal now, the talking heads thought he did pretty well then.  

With generic cliches about depth, sure. And we remember well, as the talking heads' opinions were brandished against us in the debate over how awful the trade was. That the "this was horrible" crowd was correct compared to those airheads that don't actually provide value in hockey discussions isn't surprising, and this was not a unique example of that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If TP didn’t want to pay the bonus which is probably true, then what was Jbot supposed to do?

I went back and looked at the trade reviews at the time.  While Jbot looks like he made a bad deal now, the talking heads thought he did pretty well then.  Here is one example. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nhl/news/ryan-oreilly-trade-grades-details-sabres-blues-draft-picks-patrik-berglund/jb179og12xvh1dttn0s5c9g1i

This is what LeBrun called the trade on Twitter at the time.

1st 2019. 2nd 2021. Tage Thompson. Sobotka. Berglund. That is a major return for the Sabres. I get why the Blues did it, they add ROR and Bozak today and they're a better team. But given the midnight pressure to deal ROR, impressive by Jason Botterill

Not decide to trade him in the first place. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...