GDT:Home Finale 4/4/19 Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres 7pm MSG

Brawndo

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I'm sorry, but there is no point watching next season if we don't get another goalie.

Not only is this totally correct, it makes me cringe a tad that I have to accept the fact Botterill swung-and-missed on something else. 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well it's interesting how both goalies were so great early on but suck out loud now. I wonder why?

Because they played above their heads on a team that was riding a wave of timely scoring?

You know that neither one of them has ever been an NHL #1? One of them had never been an NHL back-up.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

I hope this is the most embarrassing loss of the year so it leaves zero doubt housecleaning on ice and behind bench are made.

...  terrible thing to want on Fan Appreciation night. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I will be a loser then because I will watch every one of them.

Me too.  I am in my hotel room on a business trip. Listening to the WGR radio stream.   Routing for a WIN. 

I have been watching hockey since my first Bison's game in 1966.  Love it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Me too.  I am in my hotel room on a business trip. Listening to the WGR radio stream.   Routing for a WIN. 

I have been watching hockey since my first Bison's game in 1966.  Love it. 

The fan of the year has you beat by 19 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Top 3 best wrist shots in Sabres history:

1.  Danny Gare

2. Olofsson

3.  Mal Davis

Really?  Mal Davis?   Olofsson?  ---- LOL ---- Let's give Olofsson some time.  as for Mal Davis, he was not even an NHL player. 

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The fan of the year has you beat by 19 years.

... and that's a good thing!   LOL

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

...  terrible thing to want on Fan Appreciation night. 

This team deserves no fans, none. I have seen way too many games where the effort level is night and day. I'm not referring to wins and losses, but effort for full 60. Until they get out of the basement, fans deserve that every single night.

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Really?  Mal Davis?   Olofsson?  ---- LOL ---- Let's give Olofsson some time.  as for Mal Davis, he was not even an NHL player. 

Just based on shot accuracy and quick release.  Mal couldn't skate with the big boys.  I debated Ray Sheppard in his place.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team deserves no fans, none. I have seen way too many games where the effort level is night and day. I'm not referring to wins and losses, but effort for full 60. Until they get out of the basement, fans deserve that every single night.

Well this team already has lots of fans, whether they deserve them or not they do have themThis was a great and proud franchise at one time. 

How would you like to be at the game with your young kids?  Raising a family and paying big money for the tickets.   Would you want the team to tank?  Would you want to see them  lose to the horrible Ottawa Senators?  Which BTW is the actual team in the basement. 

Tanking and losing will get you NOTHING.  Tanking for a better Lottery pick is for losers.   It's time to start winning.  Now. Today.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well this team already has lots of fans, whether they deserve them or not they do have themThis was a great and proud franchise at one time. 

How would you like to be at the game with your young kids?  Raising a family and paying big money for the tickets.   Would you want the team to tank?  Would you want to see them  lose to the horrible Ottawa Senators?  Which BTW is the actual team in the basement. 

Tanking and losing will get you NOTHING.  Tanking for a better Lottery pick is for losers.   It's time to start winning.  Now. Today.

Amen brother! Totally agree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.