GDT:Home Finale 4/4/19 Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres 7pm MSG

Brawndo

YOUR BUFFALO SABRES, welcome the Ottawa Senators into Key Bank Center for the final home game of the 2018-19 Season. A season that started with hope, a ten game winning streak leading to first place overall in the NHL only to have them come crashing back to Earth.  Many questions remain, Is this the last time we will see Phil Housley behind the Sabres Bench as HC at KBC? Which Sabres Players will be gone after next season? Which period will the Fans in the 300s start the Fire Housley Chant? Will the Sabres be the first team to have a 10 Game Winning and a 10 Game Losing Streak in the same season.

Ottawa comes in off a victory over the Rangers last night. The Sabres are coming off a loss to the Predators.

Oh and it’s Fan Appreciation Night.

Get your Jack Eichel Bobble Head.

Go Sabres 

And two more games to go 

• SDS pinned this topic

This, believe it or not, will be the first game where I am actively cheering for the loss. This is a big one to have a shot at the number three spot. I am fully expecting them to win which will then put all the pressure on the Detroit game.

The good thing is that the Red Wings are one of the hottest teams in the league right now and will probably want to close out with a victory at home and ride that positivity into the offseason.

Edited by CallawaySabres

7 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Ottawa bringing up a 22 year old rookie goalie to "join the team" for the rest of the season.

LOL.  Epic tank move.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-sign-goaltender-joey-daccord-to-a-two-year-entry-level-contract/c-306343172

Didn't they clinch last place?

18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Didn't they clinch last place?

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Yes, they did

That's the way to do it.  You clinch last place with a couple of games left, so that winning is OK again.  Finish on a positive note.  Go Sens! ?

8 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Ottawa bringing up a 22 year old rookie goalie to "join the team" for the rest of the season.

LOL.  Epic tank move.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-sign-goaltender-joey-daccord-to-a-two-year-entry-level-contract/c-306343172

Weird to tank when you don't own your first round pick this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

LOL.  Epic tank move.

Pfffft, the Master of Tank will show them, either they will one up them by not even starting a goalie, or will just let the team play like they have been and they will make the rookie look like the 2nd coming of Hasek (Buffalo Hasek, not Ottawa Hasek.....)

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

This, believe it or not, will be the first game where I am actively cheering for the loss. This is a big one to have a shot at the number three spot. I am fully expecting them to win which will then put all the pressure on the Detroit game.

The good thing is that the Red Wings are one of the hottest teams in the league right now and will probably want to close out with a victory at home and ride that positivity into the offseason.

Stupid Detroit, havent they seen that winning and going out on a positive note does nothing for you? Edmonton and Buffalo are laughing in your direction!

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Yep, 8-2 in their last 10 games. Playing rookies, playing to win, fast and hard and having fun. I will be flipping between the games (Bflo) and here in PGH tonight as Pens need a win to clinch a playoff spot.  

Detroit has Dreary Dan as an assistant. Are they that much more talented than our Sabres ? 

Sabres last game against Nashville I was mildly surprised the Sabres actually played a very solid, looked like a real team, spirited hockey game. Just confusing to me that wasn't present more often when it still mattered in the last 20+ games that I tried to watch if only to see that kind of play. 

So while some are rooting for a win or a loss here already. 

I am rooting for good entertaining Hockey.

Lets go solid, spirited, remember why you choose this profession, play like you belong and made the NHL your life goal,,, Hockey. 

And I hope to see it from the Sabre's that will be there next year.               

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Stupid Detroit, havent they seen that winning and going out on a positive note does nothing for you? Edmonton and Buffalo are laughing in your direction!

Would you rather have Sean Monahan or Rasmus Ristolainen? 

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Speaking of Risto, let me share how god awful he really is using a stat that I only bring up because of the difference. The 2nd worst +/- in his draft class is Bo Horvat at -50. Ristolainen is the worst at, -145. 

Well, he did go to a team that was built to lose for two years and was actually on the ice with Pat Kaleta as center. Not sure if any of the others were dealt that hand.

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Alex should be heading East on the 90 this afternoon 

5 players away from competing next year, 5 new upgrades folks. Sabres organization being very risky with plastic bobblehead night for the closer. Let's just hope fans have good aim with the 6 players that need to be replaced. One good shot to Okposo could free up that spot, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Pfffft, the Master of Tank will show them, either they will one up them by not even starting a goalie, or will just let the team play like they have been and they will make the rookie look like the 2nd coming of Hasek (Buffalo Hasek, not Ottawa Hasek.....)

Maybe Jack will score another own goal. No better way to show Ottawa we will not be outdone in this game of suck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.