Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Defense against the run still scares me - the Pats game will surely test it.  Our own run game is hit or miss, but isn't a total disaster like it was with last year's O-line.  Our short-yardage runs haven't been consistent as a team would want to rely upon, and that will matter in close games down the stretch.  Allen reminds me so much of Favre - both the good and the bad.  Either way, he is exciting to watch and I feel hope whenever he has the ball in his hands to get the ball somewhere, instead of hoplessness I've felt with all our QBs since Flutie.  Brown and Beasley have been a huge help, and Allen's short game has noticeably improved.  I feel like there's fewer penalties this season and that helps - do the stats share this feeling?  Coach plays conservative, relying on the defense, which is a good defense and its understandable.  I hope this team gets to the point where they can rely upon Allen to close-out games though and not play so conservative all the time.

I saw a commercial airing during the game yesterday -- with the sound off though -- it looked like a Bills-produced piece, but I don't see it on their site or YouTube channel. It looked like an overview of the team's history, and that insane 90s era fan was featured several times in it -- this guy:

Anyone know where there's a link to the commercial?

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Newton and Trubisky are so bad now. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Panthers move on from Cam

It's just so nice to not see Allen on that list, however meaningful that stat is. And yeah, Newton is fried. He spent so many years getting pasted over and over again, and just looks broken down. 

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's just so nice to not see Allen on that list, however meaningful that stat is. And yeah, Newton is fried. He spent so many years getting pasted over and over again, and just looks broken down. 

Edited by WildCard

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Worse decision: trading away from Mahomes and Watson, or trading up for Trubisky instead of standing pat to take Mahomes or Watson? 

Trading up for Mitch for sure. Mahomes and Watson had their questions, and with Watson's health issues he still has his questions. Plus, Mahomes isn't Mahomes without those weapons, Smith to help him develop, and possibly the greatest offensive coach of all time to guide him

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Trading up for Mitch for sure. Mahomes and Watson had their questions, and with Watson's health issues he still has his questions. Plus, Mahomes isn't Mahomes without those weapons, Smith to help him develop, and possibly the greatest offensive coach of all time to guide him

I think this is total nonsense. In the past year he's lost his star RB, center, and now best WR for awhile. They have no running game to speak of and he just turned somebody named Demarcus Robinson into a star. He's amazing just admit it and the pain it brings. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think this is total nonsense. In the past year he's lost his star RB, center, and now best WR for awhile. They have no running game to speak of and he just turned somebody named Demarcus Robinson into a star. He's amazing just admit it and the pain it brings. 

I mean fine take away the weapons he's still amazing but he wouldn't have done what he's doing now in Buffalo, not even remotely close. I'm not bashing Mahomes, but you can't deny he was taken by the perfect team for a QB to develop and star in

We saw what no weapons and a ***** offensive line does to a rookie QB last year, why is Mahomes any different?

Edited by WildCard

Mahomes is/will be a GOAT-level player. It's also true that his WRs had like by far the most separation of any other QB's last year, isn't it? I've never seen a guy get so many wide open looks for TDs. So he's definitely helped a lot by scheming and talent, though he'd certainly still be ridiculous without it.

But yeah I wish we had Mahomes

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Worse decision: trading away from Mahomes and Watson, or trading up for Trubisky instead of standing pat to take Mahomes or Watson? 

How about trading away from Mahomes and using two first rounders to take Sammy Watkins being equally stupid?

• Like (+1) 1