GDT Calgary Flames vs Buffalo Sabres 7pm ET 10/30/2018

jsb

Just now, Thorny said:

Lol just because there is a potential explanation for why the official got the call wrong, doesn't make it rose coloured glasses. 

It was objectively the wrong call. 

Fighting facts with facts, I like that. that's what makes SS great again.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

Shrek:  "This has been a pretty entertaining two periods so far..."

No, Rob, they (not it) have not been.  They have been boring periods.  I'm happy with the score, but don't tell me this is entertaining hockey.

I think the 2nd, the one I've watched, has been decently exciting 

Come on with the penalties! 

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don't know what you're watching but we've been in their end a lot.

C'mon Jack.

Being in their end a lot? Hutton is keeping them in it, and would you agree that Calgary is the more aggressive team?  I think the intensity meter points to Calgary. I'm just saying Calgary is putting in an impressive effort for a team that has played as many games as they have recently. So yes if it's in the water then let us in on the secret, I have to compliment Calgary for how they're playing.

Edited by hockeyhound
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Hutton's playing well, but shots at the end of the second are 27-22, the difference being shots on the power play.

Well, they also have one more scoring chance and are also leading in shot attempts, yes I know more PP's but as HH said, also more aggressive and physical then we have been  

And I swear this is not a pick-on-Kyle post, and I swear I've been nice to him all season because he's doing fine in his reduced role which is exactly where I wanted him.

That GWG he scored on the PP was awesome and so fun, but that was the only time in 12 games his signature move worked, which is why he's on PP2 and not PP1, so I hope that remains a thing. My eyelid is still in full-on-seizure-mode after that first period delay-and-shoot that lasted about 8 seconds and hit the player 2 feet in front of him

And to make it a not-pick-on-Kyle post, he's had a very strong game at ES, as has Casey. I didn't see Casey's improvement at first when others did, but it's become more noticeable lately. 

Also, those whistle-before-goal plays happen EVERY TIME we play Calgary. Like, every single freaking time. It's unreal. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, hockeyhound said:

Being in their end a lot? Hutton is keeping them in it, and would you agree that Calgary is the more aggressive team?  I think the intensity meter points to Calgary. I'm just saying Calgary is putting in an impressive effort for a team that has played as many games as they have recently. So yes if it's in the water then let us in on the secret, I have to compliment Calgary for how they're playing.

Other than penalty time we were in their end for about the last 5 mins of the second.

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.