GDT: Sabres at LA Kings 10/20/18 3:30PM MSG, WGR

Andrew Amerk

5 hours ago, jsb said:

3. No telling Mr. Flagg to STF..... you know the rest

4. Logo hate was grandfathered into the rules so that's ok

3. Randall- you know how I feel about depressing fancy stats, so please take that under advisement.  ?

4. I hate that logo.  It looks like the sword is stabbing the initial of our fair city.  Or something.  ?

GO SABRES!

EDIT:  Hey... why are so many of your rules about ME?  ?

Edited by Doohickie

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

3. Randall- you know how I feel about depressing fancy stats, so please take that under advisement.  ?

4. I hate that logo.  It looks like the sword is stabbing the initial of our fair city.  Or something.  ?

GO SABRES!

EDIT:  Hey... why are so many of your rules about ME?  ?

Kings suck, we're gonna have great fancy stats. 

Let's go boys! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jsb said:

image.thumb.png.1e217e81f7af6e28cf1f0245e85f9c6e.png   VS   image.thumb.png.771c1f82edaeaf481314b423eca5d19f.png 

GAME in Los Angeles Staple Center

3:30 ET

TV: MSG

RADIO: WGR 550 am

ESPN Game Preview:  http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044424

The Buffalo Sabres will try to stop a 2 game losing streak this afternoon by playing the equally struggling LA Kings. 

Reportedly Phil was tired of GA's rants about the forward lines so he changed them again at practice yesterday:

Skinner-Eichel-Pominville

Sheary-Sobotka-Reinhart

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Girgensons-Larsson-Berglund

Unfortunately to try and keep him quiet for next time he put Pominville on the #1 line. Bogo was a NOGO at practice yesterday with his new pairing partner Ballou so no news on D pairings but according to Vogl the pairings were McCabe and Risto, Scandella and Nelson, Dahlin by himself. Phil you crazy MF'r, you can't seem to help yourself

Berglund is back in the lineup so a certain free man was caught practicing his lines.. image.png.e88ac17da98f60db22c63f62b08f9b62.png

Also please follow the new unspoken GDT rules :

1. No acne jokes
  2. No telling Mr. Flagg to STF..... you know the rest
  3. Logo hate was grandfathered into the rules so that's ok
  4. LETS GO BUFFALO

ADD IN NO Espn crap game time leed.  

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

To be honest I don't really mind Dahlin down there right now

It can be argued that Jack never fully got caught up when thrust immediately into top line center duties. His stats in this season wouldn't suggest so. I'm worried the same thing is happening to Mitts right before our very eyes.

I have zero issue with sheltering Dahlin for a while as well. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

This is what Ryan Stimson said about Dahlin on Wednesday in the Athletic 

While it is extremely too early to look too deeply into metrics for evaluation, we can look at how Phil Housley is using Dahlin and the results that has. Dahlin is getting similar usage to the other Rasmus’ pairing.

The Sabres generate shots for per sixty minutes at their highest rate with Dahlin on the ice, according to Corsica. Of the four top guys who are seeing the more difficult usage and competition (which has a huge effect in small samples), he’s leading the team by 3% in shot differential (49%). In more fun with small samples, Dahlin’s most common partner, Jake McCabe, is drowning away from Dahlin. Housley isn’t shying away from using him either, as Dahlin averages about sixteen 5v5 minutes a game according to Natural Stat Trick. Hopefully, that ticks up even more as the season goes on.

It’s an extremely small sample but this team needs desperately needs shot generation, I would keep him in the Top 4. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.