Larsson, Girgensons, and Bogo - Sabres next season?

GASabresIUFAN

Will these guys be Sabres next Season  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Larsson’s Future?

• On Sabres opening day roster
    • Traded this off-season
    • Sent to the minors or lent to a SHL team
    • Will be bought out this summer
  2. 2. Girgensons’s Future

• Traded this off-season
    • Sent to the minors or lent to a European team
    • Will be bought out
  3. 3. Bogo’s future

• Traded this off-season
    • Waived and sent to the AHL
    • Will be bought out
    • Will fail physical and land on LTIR

Everyone predicting Bogo getting shipped out this summer is dreaming.

Bogo will play with Dahlin, and excel... for 13 games or so, before season ending LBI.

This is far more likely.

To Ligers question, Dahlin can play the left side, and so can Bogo.

He played there briefly with Rasmus on the right a few years back and said he’d done it previously and was comfortable.

In fact my preferred starting D in October - assuming no trades - would be

Scandella Dahlin

Bogosian Ristolainen

McCabe Nelson

At least until Bogo hits the 13 game mark.

Edited by dudacek

Honestly, I remember that Risto-Bogo pairing not being that bad. 

I could be wrong though.

I thought they looked pretty good, but I think it was more in an old-school Schoenfeld Korab way, than in the modern Ellis Josi way.

Bogo will be here because he's untraceable.  He has a big contract and is never healthy enough to play hockey.

Larsson and Girgensons are both JAGs and both should be gone just to change the culture in the locker room.  If either one is here come October, I'm disappointed in Botterill.  

Bogo's contract is absurd given he plays 20 games per season and doesn't produce when healthy. $6 million per year for Glass Bo? Can he even be bought out? ...guess we're stuck with him until he gets hurt in November.

Larsson isn't an NHLer.

I actually kind of like Girgs as a defensive forward. He'd be a better 4th line center than Larsson IMHO.

They will all be back is my vote.

How does Bogo on LTIR affect our cap? Do we get all that space back? If yes, we need to start sending him a dozen donuts every morning from now to the start of training camp. His contract is just plain awful. Thanks GMTM for taking that off the Jets hands, you fool.

Putting Bogo on LTIR allows us to spend that much over the cap, but we have to get to the cap first.

There is zero chance Mr. Glass ever lasts the whole season or even most of it. If he comes back, send him to the minors.

The only upside of him coming back is that we csn start Guhle or Pilut in the minots if they aren’t quite ready for NHL duty.

FyI: I plan to conduct about 6-7 more poliing threads on the rest of the Sabres roster. There are only four players I’m pretty sure will be in Buffalo next fall (Jack, Casey, Dahlin and Scandella) everyone there is some question about. If the person behind the ROR and Samson threads will add a poll to those threads, I’ll skip them here. I plan anout a poll a week to get us through the off-season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Bogo's contract is absurd given he plays 20 games per season and doesn't produce when healthy. $6 million per year for Glass Bo? Can he even be bought out? ...guess we're stuck with him until he gets hurt in November.

Larsson isn't an NHLer.

I actually kind of like Girgs as a defensive forward. He'd be a better 4th line center than Larsson IMHO.

I would add something but this take is exactly how I feel. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.