Larsson, Girgensons, and Bogo - Sabres next season?

GASabresIUFAN

Will these guys be Sabres next Season  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Larsson’s Future?

• On Sabres opening day roster
    • Traded this off-season
    • Sent to the minors or lent to a SHL team
    • Will be bought out this summer
  2. 2. Girgensons’s Future

• Traded this off-season
    • Sent to the minors or lent to a European team
    • Will be bought out
  3. 3. Bogo’s future

• Traded this off-season
    • Waived and sent to the AHL
    • Will be bought out
    • Will fail physical and land on LTIR

I'm in the camp that Bogo has played his last game as a Sabre.  Jbot is quickly removing all of TM's acquisitions from this roster.  Lehner and Bogo will be gone one way or another.  KO and ROR are here for the time being until guys like Asplund, Davidsson, and Casey develop and take their place on the roster.

Failing the options of buyout or LTIR, Jbot will send Bogo to the AHL.  He'll give him an option where he wants to go, like he did for Moulson, but he won't be a Sabre next season.  The Pilut and Nelson signings were the indication to me that Bogo is no longer a viable option for the Sabres.  The team wants a mobile and fast defense.  While Bogo's top speed might be fast, nimble he isn't.  He also isn't here most of the time.  Enough is enough 

I'm envisioning

Scandella Ristolainen

McCabe Dahlin

Nelson, Guhle, Pilut and Beaulieu fighting out for ice time.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Bogo's contract is absurd given he plays 20 games per season and doesn't produce when healthy. $6 million per year for Glass Bo? Can he even be bought out? ...guess we're stuck with him until he gets hurt in November.

Larsson isn't an NHLer.

I actually kind of like Girgs as a defensive forward. He'd be a better 4th line center than Larsson IMHO.

I wish Bogo would fail a physical and go LTIR. The Leafs have buried a few bad contracts that way.

I'd keep Gus over Larry. Skates better and has some offensive ability.

Putting Bogo on LTIR allows us to spend that much over the cap, but we have to get to the cap first.

There is zero chance Mr. Glass ever lasts the whole season or even most of it. If he comes back, send him to the minors.

The only upside of him coming back is that we csn start Guhle or Pilut in the minots if they aren’t quite ready for NHL duty.

FyI: I plan to conduct about 6-7 more poliing threads on the rest of the Sabres roster. There are only four players I’m pretty sure will be in Buffalo next fall (Jack, Casey, Dahlin and Scandella) everyone there is some question about. If the person behind the ROR and Samson threads will add a poll to those threads, I’ll skip them here. I plan anout a poll a week to get us through the off-season.

Basically LTIR allows teams to replace players that have LT injuries w/ a player (or players) costing that same salary. If you are at the cap, you can exceed the cap by the full value of the contract. If you're below it by less than the contract you can exceed it by the difference. If you're below it by more than the contract, you don't get to exceed the cap. There are nuances, but that's generally the way it works. And most if those nuances deal w/ "banking cap space" for later in the season. That LTIR money counts against any cap savings you might have on a single day which otherwise could be spent later in the season to essentially exceed the cap.

And to IC's point, having Bogosian breaking every year but being worth some of that contract is far better than if he were like Moulson and not worth it at all. If the Sabres owner cared about having $5MM in the AHL, they'd be stuck w/ Moulson. Bogo is replaceable as soon as he breaks (assuming you can find a replacement).

Edited by Taro T

Pure pessimism.

Young players do get better even though that may be hard for Sabres fans to remember.

You might call Evan Rodrigues a AAAA player, but he started last season behind those two and passed them.

25 points in 48 NHL games last year is nothing to sneer at. He had 6 in 30 the year before.

PURE pessimism? Maybe. Is it really pessimism to see a group that cannot win any more than an injury callup over 3 seasons and not expect them to be better than what we have now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.