What does Norty Knox do, exactly?

darksabre

I know. I know. He's an owner and can do whatever he damn well pleases.

Beyond that bit of wisdom, how do we figure this out? The News mentions today that the Sabres will not be commenting further on Norty's role. I think it's a mistake, because now we have this thread and there will be many different takes. If he's going to be an overarching president of both hockey and business operations, say it. If he's just the next Seymour, say it. I think we deserve to know if Scotty is now reporting to a hockey president.

I struggle with this as well.

We do debate just about everything Sabres, but would this conversation exist to the extent it does if Kim Pegula was not Kim Pegula?

Tom Golisano as president of the Sabres? Absolutely.

Meanwhile, let's continue to look for reasons to accuse reasonable people of being sexist.

Now, I'll go back to steamrolling Kim Pegula, just for kicks.

Also: "giving passes" to women because they're women is sexist.

We do debate just about everything Sabres, but would this conversation exist to the extent it does if Kim Pegula was not Kim Pegula?

Has this board not excoriated Terry Pegula extensively? If Kim is stepping into a larger role, she'll probably get similar treatment.

Provided she has excellent people reporting to her & delegating where appropriate, really have no issue w/ owner Kim Pegula taking the title of Teams President. BUT IF she starts making hockey department decisions other than who will run it; will probably like her as much as Russ Brandon.

Unless it was someone who has previously worked in hockey, the substance of the conversation would exist. But the language used would be dramatically different. 

Unless it was someone who has previously worked in hockey, the substance of the conversation would exist. But the language used would be dramatically different. 

As to the language, how so? Is someone saying skirts, boobs and/or go make me a sandwich?

As to the language, how so? Is someone saying skirts, boobs and/or go make me a sandwich?

Bucky and Harrington, for starters. I'm not going back through the threads, but there's been some....questionable....stuff here, as well.

Men who go into these positions don't face gendered language stereotypes. Former players with zero executive experience get hired for these things all the time. Did anyone tell Joe Sakic to go life another dumb bell upon hiring? Did anyone say Ron Francis should stick to beer league? Nope. 

Bucky and Harrington, for starters. I'm not going back through the threads, but there's been some....questionable....stuff here, as well.

Men who go into these positions don't face gendered language stereotypes. Former players with zero executive experience get hired for these things all the time. Did anyone tell Joe Sakic to go life another dumb bell upon hiring? Did anyone say Ron Francis should stick to beer league? Nope

Actually, I'm pretty sure we say that all the time here.

Because they've proven to be failures. Nobody said that upon their hiring.

I'm not sure this is true. We heard it with Shanahan, Batista and others. We hear it with almost every new unproven hire.

I just don't think the differences on who or how we criticize are as dramatic as you think. We're equal opportunity haters here.

I'm not sure this is true. We heard it with Shanahan, Batista and others. We hear it with almost every new unproven hire.

I just don't think the differences on who or how we criticize are as dramatic as you think. We're equal opportunity haters here.

Narrative-hater.

Bros before hos!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.