Grading Tim Murray's Job

bob_sauve28

You're right about Fasching. I thought the trade was horrible back then, but I was hoping Fasching would become a top forward in the NHL and salvage that trade. As it turns out the trade still looks terrible. Fasching looks like an AHL regular. Murray gambled too much on hope and not enough on reality. He really set this team back years.

Such as how he hoped Lehner's size would enable him to simply cover the net and compensate for his lack of quickness.

I guess I missed the discussion. I hope that does not make me a criminal or something

And you also said at one point it was too early to judge his picks. Too early, too late, blah blah

It's almost like you don't want to consider a bunch of moving parts in the evaluation of GMTM.

I guess I missed the discussion. I hope that does not make me a criminal or something

And you also said at one point it was too early to judge his picks. Too early, too late, blah blah

We aren't judging his picks. We're judging trades which we've all said suck. It's a circular conversation.

Omg why are we doing this again. Murray sucked. We don't need to debate how much he sucked. He sucked, he's gone.

Folks are in protective mode. Finishing DFL again can't be Botterill's fault, because, well, just because.

Yep. And two years was not enough time to fix this nightmare.

Interesting take. Murray would play the world's smallest violin if someone told him how tough Botterill had it this season. Murray inherited a bigger mess. I think he played along for one-plus year of the tank, then boldly tried to wipe its memory off the face off the earth in quick order. It didn't work. But he got only two years. Methinks he got fired less for cause and more for not being PSE People.

Yeh but Joe lit it on fire! :)

f81.gif

I still say that none of the traded players will ever be better than ROR or Kane, and that was the objective; to acquire top 6 players to compliment Eichel. Fasching was a power forward in college who projected as a Vanek-type scorer. Myers will never live up to his potential, he still plays soft. In the last game vs the Wild he just stood in front of the crease and didn’t clear the screen, resulting in a goal. I would have made those trades again. Unfortunately contracts like Okposo and Moulson, and upcoming Reinhart, made it difficult to resign Kane.

He's injured now, but Kulikov was indeed looking solid for Winnipeg this season.

I think it's the same injury, right?

Folks are in protective mode. Finishing DFL again can't be Botterill's fault, because, well, just because.

Interesting take. Murray would play the world's smallest violin if someone told him how tough Botterill had it this season. Murray inherited a bigger mess. I think he played along for one-plus year of the tank, then boldly tried to wipe its memory off the face off the earth in quick order. It didn't work. But he got only two years. Methinks he got fired less for cause and more for not being PSE People.

Getting rid of GMTM and HCHDDB completely reset the post tank rebuild. I said that the day it happened, and nothing since has changed my mind. I just hope it was worth it and that GMTM wasn't actually right about Kim. :devil:

This is the impression I remember having. 

I think it's the same injury, right?

Getting rid of GMTM and HCHDDB completely reset the post tank rebuild. I said that the day it happened, and nothing since has changed my mind. I just hope it was worth it and that GMTM wasn't actually right about Kim. :devil:

Not sure.

Murray got fired because he had no idea what was going on with the team. There was zero communication going on between him, Bylsma and the players. He certainly knew the rebuild was going to take time, but he decided to completely tune out of the day to day stuff and focus only on the rebuild. He didn't actually want to do the GM work, he just wanted to do what he'd always done before: AGM stuff. Top that off with being a bit of a weirdo and there's just no way he was going to last. On a team in a better situation maybe he'd have been fine. But we needed a Wartime GM and he wasn't it.

D

His first 2 drafts the 1st round picks we're pretty much no brainers. His trades for the period of time in which they we're made sense. other than the McNabb, Lehner and Pysyk trades which were lousy. The contracts That He gave to O'Reilly and Okposo were for to much money especially O'Reilly's

Maybe the Best intuitive signing he made was Rodriguez.

https://www.stateofithaca.org/event/1609042-rodriguez-ithaca/

He's playing in Ithaca this Friday if anyone is interested. I'd love to go but the concert calendar is already full. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.