Botterill End Of Year Presser: Wednesday, 2pm EDT

WildCard

Danny O'Reagn will never amount to anything more than Paille

Don't agree. I've heard really good things about O'Regan from a former NHL scout I was speaking to...fast with a shot etc. No one's talking about him. I think he will be a pleasant surprise.

I think people hear certain words and immediately look to see if it can apply to a player they want gone rather than think it could apply to a different player.

Perhaps if I am bored I will go through and list each player that each of his key phrases could apply to and then we can all guess what it means.

I mean.. let's be real.  He could use the phrase veteran with playoff experience needs to lead more and be talking about Nolan.

While anything is possible, similar players to Kane were traded for more then we received. That is a fact. That fact raises legit concerns about Jbot’s ability to maximize the return if he trades ROR and Risto. The question is moot at this point since neither is going anywhere.

Duda, As to why I think Bogo is being bought out. Bogo can’t stay healthy and there is reason to be believe based on his latest injury thta he’ll never be healthy. Jbot is looking for reliable players for his roster. Bogo doesn’t qualify.

There was no maximizing, you can't compare last 3 years at the deadline to this one.   All of the buyers from those years have stated multiple times they regretted what they gave up.

Prices were simply lower.

There was no maximizing, you can't compare last 3 years at the deadline to this one. All of the buyers from those years have stated multiple times they regretted what they gave up.

Prices were simply lower.

I wasn’t talking about any other year then this deadline. Go look at deals for Nash, Grabner and others and we got less then we should have this year for Kane.

My hope is that Jbot does better if he moves on from ROR and Risto.

One other note: if Jbot really wants to change the losing culture then fix the roster. Find 2 top 4 D and a good goalie to play with Ullmark.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Yegor Rykov and a 2nd (2018)

is better than

Dan O'Regan, a conditional 1st (2019) (SC, or Sign, Lotto Protected), and conditional 4th (2019) that becomes a 3rd if pushed to 2020.

I mean...

giphy.gif

Are you asking me if a 21 year old 6’3 D with a strong 2 way game (drafted 132 in 2016) who was a quickly rising prospect for the Devils and 2nd rd pick in 2018 is worth more then a 24 year old center, (drafted 138 in 2012) and a 2nd rd pick in 2019 and a 4th rd pick in 2019. I’d say yes. Why, we need more D , the younger prospect has more upside still and I’d rather have a 2nd rd in this draft then in a draft a year from now. Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I wasn’t talking about any other year then this deadline. Go look at deals for Nash, Grabner and others and we got less then we should have this year for Kane.

One other note: if Jbot really wants to change the losing culture then fix the roster. Find 2 top 4 D and a good goalie to play with Ullmark.

I am talking about last years because those are the only trades you can compare with.  

Rick Nash trade is also a cap dump where the rangers took on Beleskeys contract.

players / gm / coach's only blame "losing culture" when they don't wan't to call out teammates / players who simply aren't good enough.

players / gm / coach's only blame "losing culture" when they don't wan't to call out teammates / players who simply aren't good enough.

No, it's a politically correct diplomatic way of saying we have players who quit and don't work hard, don't try to be better. But you don't say that if you want to try to trade them away cause it devalues whatever little value they might have. You also never say your guy is uncoachable, even if you realize he is. You try to keep all that quiet so you can find a way to ditch them. 

No, it's a politically correct diplomatic way of saying we have players who quit and don't work hard, don't try to be better. But you don't say that if you want to try to trade them away cause it devalues whatever little value they might have. You also never say your guy is uncoachable, even if you realize he is. You try to keep all that quiet so you can find a way to ditch them.

I’ve been trying that with certain posters for months, but those at hfboards stopped returning my calls.

Do you think they read our board?

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.