2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

After watching these games, it feels like our building will never be right again. I think this organization is in big trouble for at least 3 more years. I have no doubt in my mind that Eichel will not last here for his whole contract. Sabres will pick 4th this year, O'Reilly will be traded and all that will be left is Eichel, Sam and Casey to build around. I don't see any pipeline and how that is even possible with such little talent on the big club is the most disheartening part of this.

Anyone have a complete list of former Sabres that are in the playoffs? Ruhwedel, Kane, Vanek, etc?

It makes me sick to juxtapose out current depth issues to how many solid role players we have bled to other teams.

Add McNabb to the list

Edited by Stu

Carrier is a heart and soul fourth liner on a good team. He's has the speed and talent of all of our JAG college prospects but the physicality is surely missed

Drew Doughty got away with a nasty headshot on Carrier that should have been called but wasn't. In my opinion.

What a great game. If the Sabres had half the heart...

Lotsa Vegas-ey stuff happening pregame in Vegas right now...

Jeebus Christmas - I'll say.

It's ridiculous and I love it

I definitely agree it was ridiculous. I'm on the fence over whether it was good (i.e., awesome) or bad (i.e., terrible). 

What was with the spotlighted guy holding the lantern near a castle? I didn't get that one.

Jeebus Christmas - I'll say.

I definitely agree it was ridiculous. I'm on the fence over whether it was good (i.e., awesome) or bad (i.e., terrible). 

What was with the spotlighted guy holding the lantern near a castle? I didn't get that one.

I think they've been doing stuff out there all season long, so I think their fans probably knew what that was about, but for the rest of us...no idea. 

The whole thing was insanely campy. That makes it okay. 

I think they've been doing stuff out there all season long, so I think their fans probably knew what that was about, but for the rest of us...no idea. 

Lord, was it ever.

I'm inclined to get on board and embrace it. Because that train is clearly leaving the station and destined for parts unknown.  And I'm telling you -- wandering in and around that plaza during a home game a few weeks ago was F.U.N. FUN. What a vibe they have going on.

In the 90s I remember reading a Sports Illustrated (in a waiting room, because that's where you read magazines) about all the goofy stuff they were doing in Nashville to get fans to embrace hockey.

That's definitely not why Nashville is the coolest NHL market right now (the good team is why) but doing fun, cool, sometimes corny stuff pays off.

There's a tradeshow out in Vegas at this moment but I'm in a new role and so I don't go to those anymore.  I am more than slightly depressed about that.

Lots of good playoff stuff last night.  It's playoff hockey and it's expected.

To spectulate that the Sabres would not play at a different level in the playoffs is silly however.  Each of these teams plays harder than it does in the regular season and every team before them has.  It's the playoffs and every team starts to look a little faster, hit a little harder, and get away with perhaps just a bit more.

I'm rooting for the Bruins... I have a few friends from Boston and I have no friends who root for Toronto.

Now.. whoever wins immediately becomes my least favorite team in the next round.

Is there any way the NHL can DQ both teams?

I am rooting for Nashville and NJ. Nashville because I love their game... Screw Ovi damn Putin stooge, I hope Columbus takes him out in the first round. Also, I think Columbus has a game that could go far in playoff. Same with SJ since their adds including Kane.

No love for Ovi!?!

San Jose agree, and last night Winnipeg was awesome. I googled "Tyler Ennis" wondering what his current story is. Top of fold results all about the basketball player. Oof. Ocho cinco I get but Ennis too? Surprised.