Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Where are you thinking he'll go? 

I haven't looked at the team needs and the NFL draft rankings so unsure but probably 2nd round. I suppose he could slide to the 3rd. I just think he is an underrated player that would help the center of that bills line. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I think women here should speak up too if it bothers them. It would certainly carry a lot more weight. I think it's just a stupid relic of a joke, like golfers who hit a short drive and hear someone say, "Does your husband play?" Pretty harmless stuff. Is the idea that women are somehow weak really still a thing? I thought that went out with bell bottoms. A lot bigger fish to fry, IMHO, like the homophobia in sports and society in general.

Actually, the research on the matter suggests precisely the opposite. And it's easy to say it's pretty harmless when you're not the subject of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I haven't looked at the team needs and the NFL draft rankings so unsure but probably 2nd round. I suppose he could slide to the 3rd. I just think he is an underrated player that would help the center of that bills line. 

I'd be down to go after him. I'd like a whole bunch of our picks to be OL and offensive skill players

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The Bills should be looking to draft Georgia Center Lamont Gaillard in the upcoming draft. That would be someone I would target to help fix that offensive line. This is his final year and he's polished and good. 

Looking at a few sites with current draft rankings he doesn’t appear on any lists

It’s definitely time to start zeroing in on some draft talk, though. The team will hopefully land in the top five. This draft doesn’t exactly have a big list of guys at the top that fit needs, though.

They need four guys on the offensive line, at least two WRs but really just five or six would be nice, maybe a TE (still fine with Clay), a strong pass rusher, a DT, another linebacker and maybe another corner. That’s a TON. A lot of that will come in free agency.

WR and OL are probably the priority. AJ Brown at Ole Miss is the big fish WR in the draft. Probably worth a top 10 pick for sure. There’s some strong depth at OT/OG in this draft so that’s a spot they should probably be targeting on day two. Guys like Greg Little (Ole Miss), Trey Adams (Washington), Jonah Williams (Bama) and Jawaan Taylor (Florida) are just a handful of the probably eight or so guys that are looking likely to go in rounds one to three.

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s definitely time to start zeroing in on some draft talk, though. The team will hopefully land in the top five. This draft doesn’t exactly have a big list of guys at the top that fit needs, though.

They need four guys on the offensive line, at least two WRs but really just five or six would be nice, maybe a TE (still fine with Clay), a strong pass rusher, a DT, another linebacker and maybe another corner. That’s a TON. A lot of that will come in free agency.

WR and OL are probably the priority. AJ Brown at Ole Miss is the big fish WR in the draft. Probably worth a top 10 pick for sure. There’s some strong depth at OT/OG in this draft so that’s a spot they should probably be targeting on day two. Guys like Greg Little (Ole Miss), Trey Adams (Washington), Jonah Williams (Bama) and Jawaan Taylor (Florida) are just a handful of the probably eight or so guys that are looking likely to go in rounds one to three.

He won't be available but I would draft Robert Okwuebugnum (TE) in the 2nd if possible. That gives you another good player for your rookie QB to rely on. 

Also Zach Allen (DE) out of Boston College would be someone we could take later in the first. 

Edited by LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He won't be available but I would draft Robert Okwuebugnum (TE) in the 2nd if possible. That gives you another good player for your rookie QB to rely on. 

Also Zach Allen (DE) out of Boston College would be someone we could take later in the first. 

I would be frustrated if we took a TE over other needs. Clay might be gone but we don’t need the money. I see no reason to force another hole when Clay is an average tight end.

31 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Not sure it was possible, but pulling off the Thomas trade then moving McCoy to recoup the 4th would have been a petty appealing set of moves to me. 

This team needs a lot but an expensive 31 year old WR isn’t really one of them. Trading away draft picks damn sure isn’t one of them.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This team needs a lot but an expensive 31 year old WR isn’t really one of them. Trading away draft picks damn sure isn’t one of them.

Well, in my scenario, we're not actually giving up a pick, just moving backwards in the 4th (though I would give up a 4th). Rookie WRs, even the great ones, usually have an adjustment period and often don't make a huge impact until year 2. We can't just draft our way to a good offense next season. We're going to need to spend some money on veteran help at the position, and Thomas has the advantage of not needing to commit long term, even if he's expensive for a season. He also has the advantage of being under contract, because I don't think convincing a free agent WR to sign here is going to be easy. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well, in my scenario, we're not actually giving up a pick, just moving backwards in the 4th (though I would give up a 4th). Rookie WRs, even the great ones, usually have an adjustment period and often don't make a huge impact until year 2. We can't just draft our way to a good offense next season. We're going to need to spend some money on veteran help at the position, and Thomas has the advantage of not needing to commit long term, even if he's expensive for a season. He also has the advantage of being under contract, because I don't think convincing a free agent WR to sign here is going to be easy. 

Thinking trading away a fourth then acquiring another one with a separate asset isn’t giving up a pick is bad management. You are giving up the pick, no matter how you slice it.

Just now, Hoss said:

Thinking trading away a fourth then acquiring another one with a separate asset isn’t giving up a pick is bad management. You are giving up the pick, no matter how you slice it.

Flipping McCoy into Thomas while moving down in the 4th and adding a 7th isn't giving up a pick. Literally. It's not. 

Semantics aside, you could address the substance of my position. We're not drafting our way to a strong WR corps next year, and the contract it'll take to get an established free agent to sign here won't be pretty. There's value in getting a vet WR who can still play on a contract. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Flipping McCoy into Thomas while moving down in the 4th and adding a 7th isn't giving up a pick. Literally. It's not. 

Semantics aside, you could address the substance of my position. We're not drafting our way to a strong WR corps next year, and the contract it'll take to get an established free agent to sign here won't be pretty. There's value in getting a vet WR who can still play on a contract. 

We’re not in a position to add a guy like Thomas nor is there any urgency to do so before today’s deadline. They just signed Pryor which is a fine move that costs nothing.

The team will have plenty of options to add to the WR corps this offseason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.