Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Hey, they've upgraded Tolbert to Murphy!! (Pretends Tolbert wasn't also their guy)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Separately, I spoke too soon about that game! This has been the most TT+Browns feeling game you could ever have

That's not even totally accurate! They signed Ivory for $3 million guaranteed to replace Tolbert, while Murphy was just chilling on the roster for league minimum money.

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The Browns are +5 in takeaways today. Since the Browns returned to the NFL, teams with a turnover margin of +5 or better in a game are 132-4-1. The Browns are responsible for two of those losses and the tie.

How can any of us laugh at Cleveland given what has been on display in Orchard Park over the last decade plus?

• Sad 1

Draft talk: I posit two scenarios. Say we finish in last place, and a QB rockets up the board. Other teams want the QB and are willing to give a typical haul. Do you 

a.) Make the trade and load up
b.) stay but take Bosa/stud DE
c.) stay but take the QB, even if we feel reasonable about Allen at the end of the year

Second scenario: No QB emerges as a true stud, and it's likely that one of the DEs goes first. Do you

a.) take the DE
b.) try to trade down for volume, recognizing the demand for your pick won't be as high

We have 10 picks in the draft already. 

I don't know enough about where you should take certain picks, but I want OL, I want defensive ends, and I want good WRs. I also don't know which you're more likely to get in FA.

Next week talk: Opening in Baltimore, with Peterman, in that weather makes us look like an 0-16 team, where if we can sign a better QB/play Allen we might be a 3-4 win team. I'm curious if some of the guys with brutal penalties get cut/removed from their starting roles, and what we do at QB. I don't think we'll be as bad next week, though I think the Chargers are a strong team that will beat us. It sounds like Joey Bosa will be out. 

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

How can any of us laugh at Cleveland given what has been on display in Orchard Park over the last decade plus?

Because Cleveland has been orders of magnitude worse over that same stretch

It's been over 630 days since they won a football game and they are 4-44-1 over their last 49 games

We need our petty victories to stay sane 

Edited by Randall Flagg
typed wrong numbers

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Draft talk: I posit two scenarios. Say we finish in last place, and a QB rockets up the board. Other teams want the QB and are willing to give a typical haul. Do you 

a.) Make the trade and load up
b.) stay but take Bosa/stud DE
c.) stay but take the QB, even if we feel reasonable about Allen at the end of the year

Second scenario: No QB emerges as a true stud, and it's likely that one of the DEs goes first. Do you

a.) take the DE
b.) try to trade down for volume, recognizing the demand for your pick won't be as high

We have 10 picks in the draft already. 

I don't know enough about where you should take certain picks, but I want OL, I want defensive ends, and I want good WRs. I also don't know which you're more likely to get in FA.

There are only two positions I'd be okay with staying at #1 for: DE and QB. Anything else, trade down. And we all know that there is no reality in which the Bills draft a QB there, regardless of how this season plays out.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

There are only two positions I'd be okay with staying at #1 for: DE and QB. Anything else, trade down. And we all know that there is no reality in which the Bills draft a QB there, regardless of how this season plays out.

So if it's us and Bosa on top, do you want to grab him, or would you move back?

I think, especially by next year, DE is going to be an unnoticed-but-critical need.

Of course, if they do go DE, I'd like every other pick and addition to go towards offense.

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

So if it's us and Bosa on top, do you want to grab him, or would you move back?

I think, especially by next year, DE is going to be an unnoticed-but-critical need.

Of course, if they do go DE, I'd like every other pick and addition to go towards offense.

If Bosa is so good that he is clearly the best player in the draft (like Myles Garrett, just for an example), then I stay put. Otherwise I move down. I'm leaning towards he's that good, but I'd like to see the rest of the season play out and have a better handle on the other options available before I lock myself into that position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

In other news, the Patrick Mahomes fear bunker is filling up fast. Granted, he has Andy Reid designing an offense and actual WRs to throw to, but still...

And Andy Reid wins week 1 every year, or any time he has more than a week to prepare 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Could probably say the same about Big Ben. Of course, I'm sure somewhere there are people shouting to the clouds that turnovers don't matter as long as you can get passing yardage.

Big Ben is far above mediocre. If he has a bad day it’s because the opposing defense played at a high level. Same can’t be said for my boy Tyrod (I will state once again that I am a huge Tyrod fan as a Va Tech fan).

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If you're not going to let me snark on last year being lucky, can you at least let me snark about culture? And McDermott's "command" of the room? Process? And so on? I just spent 3 hours on this game, you have to let me have something!

Couldn't take anymore after the score went to 32-0.

So, only wasted about 2-1/4 hours. :p

Could be worse, could be a paying customer in Miami.  If that game doesn't finish before next Sunday, do the Titans & Fish have to play a double header that day?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.