Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

From @AllbrightNFL: "The #Bills have deliberately made known their interest in Josh Allen. Take that for what you will."

Also said same source made him aware of interest in Nate Peterman last year.

This has to be a smokescreen. It’s way too early for this to be out

That's been my guess.

And the only guy that we haven't heard any rumors about is Mayfield. :thumbsup:

If it's true can we just lock this thread and make Sabrespace Bills talk go the way of politics talk?

Think we have to

Have we been reported to interview anyone yet? Any of the potential QB picks that is

Edited by Jokertecken

From Josina Anderson

Update on Teddy Bridgewater: I'm told Teddy B. has a "few choices. Nothing imminent." #NFLFreeAgency2018

He is signing a 1 year deal only, and he needs a good team so he can have a decent next contract.

Doubt he would want to go to the jets.    

He is signing a 1 year deal only, and he needs a good team so he can have a decent next contract.

Doubt he would want to go to the jets.    

By that reasoning, he shouldn't want to come here, either.  Our top WR was Deonte Thompson, with 430 yards.  Kelvin finished with 217, Zay with 316, Matthews with 282.  Our WRs combined for 115 receptions.  That's only 3 more than Jarvis Landry had on his own. Antonio Brown has beaten that number twice.

I'll hunt you down.

Nah. Forget it.

NFW this regime gives up the sort of value that the Eagles are evidently demanding for Foles.

I mean - Tyrod fetched the 65th pick overall. 65th!

Eagles would probably demand a top-50 pick and then maybe another pick in the 4th or 5th rounds.

I'm asking, though. What is the plan at QB in 2018?

Nah. Forget it.

NFW this regime gives up the sort of value that the Eagles are evidently demanding for Foles.

Eagles would probably demand a top-50 pick and then maybe another pick in the 4th or 5th rounds.

The plan is to start the rookie. We're not trading into the top-5 to draft someone to sit a season behind Joe Journeyman.

Nah. Forget it.

Nate Peterman. 

They like him. 

It's not a joke. 

The plan is to start the rookie. We're not trading into the top-5 to draft someone to sit a season behind Joe Journeyman.

Hmmm.

That’s not ideal.

I prefer the Chiefs’ approach with Mahomes.

Rookie QBs have a way of getting ruined in the NFL.

Nate Peterman.

They like him.

It's not a joke.

Stop it.

Hmmm.

That’s not ideal.

I prefer the Chiefs’ approach with Mahomes.

Rookie QBs have a way of getting ruined in the NFL.

Stop it.

I used to think this, but I'm just not so sure anymore. These days I'm more of the mind that someone who gets ruined by starting too soon probably wasn't going to be good anyway, and the good ones will figure it out. If I had a dollar for every time I heard Deshaun Watson would have to sit for 1-2 years....Dak Prescott was going to need development time...and so on.

Jared Goff didn't look like an NFL player. Gets a good coach, and now he's a legit starter. His early experience didn't ruin him.

I'm too lazy to look for more examples, but do a cursory scan of the league and tell me how many of the top-10 QBs sat for any meaningful length of time. It's easier than ever to play QB in this league: you take fewer hits, defenders can't breath on receivers, offenses are spreading it out, and so on. Especially if we get Rosen or Mayfield, I don't see what they'd gain by sitting.

I ask again: what is it that people see in McCarron? I'm fine with him as a backup, but u really never want to see him play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.