GDT: Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres, 1/20/2018, 1pm ET, MSG

LGR4GM

Now that they know the season is over; how do they justify keeping season ticket holder money.

I would think mismanagement and overall piss poor performance warrants a refund.

At least a partial refund. Prorate the season. At some point in the season the organization continues to under perform, the fans should be compensated for the embarrassment they've had to endure.

The gravy train must be stopped and there needs to be consequences for the shi* show they've subjected us to.

The idea that the Sabres continue to take, take, take, raise the ticket prices, and take some more is absolutely ludicrous.

Maybe playing before a bunch of empty seats would get their attention.

Edited by hockeyhound

Wait wait wait. I thought Kane gave 100% every time he was on the ice, and everyone else needed to play like him? #narrativebusting

But the working theory is that it was suggested to Kane to prioritize not getting hurt, so as not to sour the deal, right? So I consider it a special circumstance.

I don't get Jack's frustration on those one-timers. What are the odds of scoring? 1 in 15 tries? 1 in 20? It's the NHL, son. Plus, you can't hit the net.

His frustration seems to come from exactly that: missing the net.

But the working theory is that it was suggested to Kane to prioritize not getting hurt, so as not to sour the deal, right? So I consider it a special circumstance.

His frustration seems to come from exactly that: missing the net.

Kane checked out with the rest of the team last year, too. 

Anyway, I'm not trying to denigrate Kane here. It's just really frustrating to me that some players get a stigma about not always trying, when basically every player has ups and downs and there isn't a single player int he league who actually gives 100% every single shift and game for a season. Plus, our perception of effort is heavily biased by production...we see goals/assists/points and infer effort, when more often than not, I think the evidence shows that production ebbs and flows.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

What good is he doing us? How many games has he won? Point a game means nothing if you lose all the time.

The dude has input on a higher percentage of our goals than literally any NHL player in existence this season. Maybe it's the team around him that needs improving?

Watch what happens on other teams when their star is on the ice and his linemates have the puck and watch what happens on our team when anyone but Jack has the puck. The difference is like watching the globetrotters versus watching a 7th grade team.

Edited by Randall Flagg

He's getting paid isn't he?

His cap hit is like a million dollars per year and he's the most productive player we've had in a decade.

We're going to get like 170 points out of an ELC and have done nothing with it. That's not on Jack, 18-21 in that time span, at all.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.