46 members have voted

1. 1. His team will be...

• New York Islanders
    • NYI
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto

You can really hold a grudge, I see. :P

Thet also kept Stan Fischler employed for about 20 years past his expiration date.

They kept Milbury relevant in the league long enough for him to cajole a job w/ NBCSN.

They are worthy of our distain for more than '80 & Billy Smith's butt end to Ruff's eye.

They lucked into the Sabres choosing Ric Seiling.

They sent the Sabres Connolly & Pyatt for Peca. They STOLE our Peca!

They embrace players like Yashin & Satan.

F### the Gorton Fishermen of Brooklyn.

And some young fans don't know why we hate the Flyers.

Good point. :beer:

Edited by Taro T

That's not exactly what went on there, but they don't get any favors for Milbury.

Yeah. That really is more of a rant against the criminal owner, but still; not paying Peca & not letting Regier pull the trigger on the Iginla deal is what indirectly led to Hasek leaving & blowing up that '01 squad. And the Aisles were the lucky winners of that shortsightedness - so THEY STOLE PECA!!! ;)

Maple Leafs just add the big fish...

There’s always a bigger fish.

Yeah. That really is more of a rant against the criminal owner, but still; not paying Peca & not letting Regier pull the trigger on the Iginla deal is what indirectly led to Hasek leaving & blowing up that '01 squad. And the Aisles were the lucky winners of that shortsightedness - so THEY STOLE PECA!!! ;)

Refusing to pay Peca was very bad. When you have a roster that’s close... you run with it. Iginla plus Peca and Hasek. And that roster? We could’ve done it. Heck. The Gilmour/Andreychuk addition sans Peca... add Peca to that team and Kasparaitis never gets a chance because we would have already crushed them, sent them running before us, and heard the lamentations of the women. So says my revisionist brain.

Some folks on twitter are calling for the Sabres to offer sheet Toronto's Nylander since the Leaves are in a tight cap spot. Gotta admit, I kind of like that idea. 

Sal Cappaccio was advocating this today on GR.  He may have got the idea from you. 

The Leafs would probably be willing to pay Nylander 6.5 million per season, so, to beat that the Sabres would have to offer around 7 million per year and give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. 

There's no lottery protection on that, which is why I think it would be a bad idea for the Sabres to make that offer for Nylander.  William Nylander may be worth 7 million per season, but the Sabres 1st pick next season might be, um, 1st. 

I like Nylander but I think the offer might ultimately benefit the Leafs. 

Sal Cappaccio was advocating this today on GR.  He may have got the idea from you. 

The Leafs would probably be willing to pay Nylander 6.5 million per season, so, to beat that the Sabres would have to offer around 7 million per year and give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. 

There's no lottery protection on that, which is why I think it would be a bad idea for the Sabres to make that offer for Nylander.  William Nylander may be worth 7 million per season, but the Sabres 1st pick next season might be, um, 1st. 

I like Nylander but I think the offer might ultimately benefit the Leafs. 

The Sabres aren't in a position to offer sheet this year anyway. The fly in the ointment is the conditional 4th in the Sheary/Hunwick deal which could turn into a 3rd. You have to use your own draft picks as compensation in an offer sheet package, if I'm not mistaken.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.