GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7PM EST, MSG-B, NHL.tv

MattPie

I sort of dont want them to score for awhile longer. Fire Housley. Get a different coach in here and find out for sure whether its the system or the players. No point hoping for wins at this point. 

Send Moulson, Larsson to rochester (does it really matter if anyone claims them on waivers) bring unknowns from roch up to weed out real potential from space eaters.

The season is over, may as well really take stock in the future

It’s the players. Two coaches with two very different systems and the they cannot execute either one.

Rochester is winning games, let that team stay together, why expose those players to this tire fire?

Bots must make some decisions.

Its clear Buffalo got hosed in their 2 seasons of drafting in the top 2.

Get Reinhart to Rochester ASAP, he is all but useless up here. He needs AHL time to regain composure and confidence.

Eichel......I wait it out with him.

ROR, Okposo trade them.

Something has to shake the very core of this group.

It’s the players. Two coaches with two very different systems and the they cannot execute either one.

Rochester is winning games, let that team stay together, why expose those players to this tire fire?

I agree that they underachieved with both, but with DD they at least looked somewhat competitive. I think the way Housley came in wanting to play is fast paced, go hard and quick play. That doesnt suit 75% of our roster. Our guys are not fast. The only ones that have shown good play this year are those who are fast. DD saw that and played a slower game to be more effective, his problem was his constant hampering of star player (Pittsburgh much?) 

There are definitely dead weight players here but we need to show different opportunities(coach) in order to see who still has potential, if any.

When it comes to Roch, I Completely understand waning to grow them together. The problem is a majority of our "core" is signed here long term, so whenever they are brought up theyll need to learn how/if they fit with those guys. Id rather bring them up now for a bit, see what role they may fit into better then send them back with a role to prctice and excel at. 

Edited by tricky2k5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.