GDT Oilers at Sabres 11/24/17 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

You have a game clock?

NHL.TV on AppleTV had no game clock.

No just bugging you.

In actuality I've noticed that a few times on MSG on my Gamecentre app.

The game was being broadcasted nationally on tv in Canada though so I was watching that (love beating Canadian teams in their broadcast) so I didn't notice it today.

Things I liked:

1. Third and fourth lines are contributing.  The Larsson line not so much on the score sheet, but they've been tipping the ice toward the opponents' end lately.

2. Okposo getting his groove back.  He's a huge part of the Josefson line; he's making his linemates better.

3. Josefson.  He was just hitting his stride when he got hurt; he's picking up where he left off.

4. Risto = BEAST MODE tonight.  I especially liked the exchange he had with Kassian; if i can read lips, he asked Zack "Is that all you got, BOY?"  Kassian said something back, probably along the lines of "What did you call me?" because Risto yelled back one more time for good measure, "BOY!"

5. With the bottom 6 doing well, it seems to be taking the pressure off the top lines and they're looking better as well.

6. Reinserting Risto in the top D pair makes all the other pairs better.

7. Except for the dropped shot during the power play that EDM spent all of in the Buffalo zone, Lehner was outstanding and deserved the shoutout, even if he didn't get it.  He was efficient, engaged, and crazy all in the right measures.

8. I'm starting to really like the ROR line.  They're heating up.

No just bugging you.

The game was being broadcasted nationally on tv in Canada though so I was watching that (love beating Canadian teams in their broadcast) so I didn't notice it today.

I was watching the same feed.

They were giving the Sabres some kudos.

No just bugging you.

I just remembered that in the 3rd the picture crapped out and when they came back from commercial it was gone. Probably had to switch up to the backup clean feed.

It was actually a little less stressful.

...and I actually don't remember my first beer today. It was a long time ago.

Eichel was dominant ice-wide.

Ristolainen had 2 apples.

Okposo has 10 points in 12 games. That's exceptionally promising.

I was watching the same feed.

They were giving the Sabres some kudos.

Especially refreshing after they were ripping them in the pregame. Very satisfying win.

I just remembered that in the 3rd the picture crapped out and when they came back from commercial it was gone. Probably had to switch up to the backup clean feed.

It was actually a little less stressful.

...and I actually don't remember my first beer today. It was a long time ago.

Good stuff. I have hockey tonight so regrettably couldn't equal that feat, but I'll join you in that club for tomorrow's game.

Edited by Thorny

Nolan is obviously offensively limited, but he always knows what to do with the puck.  Either smart or well-trained.

I hear he learned what a high compete level is from a very young age.

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

Reinhart has played a quietly awesome game so far.

He's been playing great lately.  He's taken to playing a physical game, which I quite like from him.

I hear he learned what a high compete level is from a very young age.

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

He's been playing great lately.  He's taken to playing a physical game, which I quite like from him.

He's also playing with other skilled players now. That move to center was a bad idea

5 pages for a win, 9 pages for a loss.

To be fair, its the first win in awhile

I discovered the Sabres in the spring of 1975. Good timing.

I always had you picked as a bandwagon fan.  Now I know for sure.

Too lazy to get off, eh?  :flirt:

And Lehner with the Miller Shutout

But the beauty of a Miller shutout is that it means the Sabres won.  :w00t:

Under the "let he who has never got gooned throw the first stone" mantra, I cannot.

Preczactly.

I wish that Reinhart would have scored tonight. He made so many nice plays everywhere on the ice. I really think that with the right linemate(s) he could be killer.

Funny, I was thinking he's finally with the right linemates.  I think there's some chemistry there.  At this point, Pouliot and Reino will elevate ROR's game (lord knows, ROR has done it for everyone else).

I wish that Reinhart would have scored tonight. He made so many nice plays everywhere on the ice. I really think that with the right linemate(s) he could be killer.

He is so assuredly a winger on this team, as it's currently constructed, and I'm glad we've figured that out. He's really starting to make some great plays out there. He had a filthy one touch pass in the neutral zone tonight, that required the softest of hands and the largest of eyes in the back of his head.

5 pages for a win, 9 pages for a loss.

Bump!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.