GDT: Sharks @ Sabres 10/28/17 1PM EST

LTS

Pros: We are clearly outplaying a tired SJ team.
Phil finally got last year's unit together, they were devastating, and scored that goal. 

Cons: I think Dell had enough time, and Sam didn't actually drag his foot over, he just bumped it. 

Phil is, once again through player selection, directly responsible for a back-breaking goal against. There were two shorties from earlier this year that were Beaulieu's fault, who should be nowhere near a power play, including the one where we inexplicably started the PP with the Tennyson-Moulson-Beaulieu unit, which gave up a goal within 20 seconds. Now it's Tennyson mishandling a puck at the point giving SJ a breakaway. To his credit, he adjusted and got our lightning back together.
It's a shame that they took that goal from Jack, that whole sequence was awesome.

Let's see if these guys keep working. They will win this game if they are strong enough to rebound from the goal taken away.

That goal was such a genuine moment too. Swarming Sabres tie the game, after some ludicrously good puck movement, it's the birthday boy, Jack Eichel, and the FNC is rocking, which is a rarity. 

But nope. We get to watch zebras stare at an ipad for 5 minutes before claiming that Sam didn't pick his foot up enough, which he did. 

I really think Dell had enough time to get back into position. I liked Marty's point on this: he didn't even complain!

He got back! He just didn't make the save. It's not like he was swimming over on the other side of the net.

Stay out of the crease and you don't get 5 minute reviews. It was the right call.

Players can go in the crease and it was the wrong call. Sorry.

Absolutely not.

The worst thing about the coach challenge to me is that it rips away some of the pure organic moments that makes sports such a huge part of our lives. It's hard to put into words. I understand that it's horrifying when Briere is 4feet offsides on a game winning goal in the playoffs. But they could review and call back goalie interference before this rule. I've never felt so cheated as I do when a goal gets taken away like this. Not just from my team winning a game, but my enjoyment for the rest of the game. It gets tainted somehow. My head and heart aren't into this, when I was just ecstatic about seeing some on-ice wizardry ten minutes ago. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

I really think Dell had enough time to get back into position. I liked Marty's point on this: he didn't even complain!

Whether or not Dell complains is irrelevant. Sam entered the crease, his leg hooks on to the pad for a second or 2 there, impeding the movement of the goalie in the crease. No goal, good call.

We want consistency, then that's not a goal due to goalie interference. Stay out of the crease.

Whether or not Dell complains is irrelevant. Sam entered the crease, his leg hooks on to the pad for a second or 2 there, impeding the movement of the goalie in the crease. No goal, good call.

We want consistency, then that's not a goal due to goalie interference. Stay out of the crease.

it's not "stay out of the crease", it's "don't interfere with the goalie". I want my players in the crease whenever they can be. You're allowed and encouraged to go there.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Goalies get contact all the time in the crease. That's not the standard. The standard is whether the the contact impeded the goalie's ability to play the puck. As D4rk bluntly pointed out, he got back in position! He just whiffed on the freaking puck!

The worst thing about the coach challenge to me is that it rips away some of the pure organic moments that makes sports such a huge part of our lives. It's hard to put into words. I understand that it's horrifying when Briere is 4feet offsides on a game winning goal in the playoffs. But they could review and call back goalie interference before this rule. I've never felt so cheated as I do when a goal gets taken away like this. Not just from my team winning a game, but my enjoyment for the rest of the game. It gets tainted somehow. My head and heart aren't into this, when I was just ecstatic about seeing some on-ice wizardry ten minutes ago. 

I mean, it's annoying, but I'm already over it. We're playing like the better team and I'm enjoying it.

This is one of the the biggest things that has turned me off about the NFL.

Every catch I hesitate waiting for a late flag or a review.

I pay to watch the players and enjoy the moment.

Edited by dudacek

Agreed. Hockey is meant to be a fast, reaction based game. It's not as situationally based as baseball or football and slowing the game down to review a 50/50 call takes away from the fluidity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.