Training Camp Roster announced!

GASabresIUFAN

My only clear memories of him last year were the RW on the Kane-Sam-Bailey line, I didn't realize that. 

That probably implies that they think he's the most ready of the Rochester guys, no?

Matt Bove on WIVB website. Can't post the link.

Weird choice for fans to make now btw. For the record, I don't agree with the whole "bring your jersey in and get the name/number changed" thing the Sabres do.

But if you bought a McCabe 29 jersey you might as well keep it because those jerseys are Reebok whereas the new McCabe jerseys will be Adidas.

Yep. My kids' Eichels are Reeboks w/out the 100 year patch. So they HAVE to be either rookie year (which they are, though not game worn) or 1st half of last year. Of which he missed the 1st 1/2 of the time that the sweater didn't have the 100 year patch. Disappointed Adidas didn't do the sweaters last year, 'cause then the rookie Eichels would've been the only Reeboks.

Yep. My kids' Eichels are Reeboks w/out the 100 year patch. So they HAVE to be either rookie year (which they are, though not game worn) or 1st half of last year. Of which he missed the 1st 1/2 of the time that the sweater didn't have the 100 year patch. Disappointed Adidas didn't do the sweaters last year, 'cause then the rookie Eichels would've been the only Reeboks.

The jersey nerd in me appreciates that kinda thing. Would have been really cool to have only one year of reebok Eichel's

Would it be wrong to read too much into Scandella/Bogosian Risto/Guhle for the first two days?

As in Housley buys into the Risto to focus on offensive zone starts and Guhle and he might be dynamite on offensive pair with him, if he's ready?

And Bogosian and Scandella - a couple of clydesdales, to be sure - might be his initial vision for our shutdown pair?

Also, I see Stevie Moses as a placeholder for a spot that Phil's whiteboard originally had peniclled in for Alex Nylander.

Edited by dudacek

Regarding Guhle:  I've been skeptical that he would play in Buffalo this year, but I listened to an interview today with JBott from last week and he spoke very highly of Guhle.  Among other things, he said something like "Guhle plays fast, and that meshes with how Phil wants to play."

I was left with the impression that JBott and Howie are both pretty high on Guhle.

Regarding Guhle:  I've been skeptical that he would play in Buffalo this year, but I listened to an interview today with JBott from last week and he spoke very highly of Guhle.  Among other things, he said something like "Guhle plays fast, and that meshes with how Phil wants to play."

I was left with the impression that JBott and Howie are both pretty high on Guhle.

he needs to get his hockey mind working as fast as he plays. He seemed behind the play often in drills. But with a former all star defencemen as the HC maybe he can make it. I think he is a year away or maybe some mid season call up. Is he AHL eligible for the season?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.