Sabrespace NFL Survivor League

pi2000

I posted this in the fantasy football thread, but this needs more visibility.

I've created a Sabrespace NFL survival league on yahoo.

link to join:
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=11971&password=moulson40genos

If you're not familiar with survivor, the rules are simple....

Each week pick one team you believe will win.   If your team wins you stay in the game for another week.    If your team loses you receive one strike.    Two strikes (two incorrect picks) and you're out.    Last person to remain is the winner.   Note: you cannot pick the same team more than once throughout the season.   eg, if you pick PIT to win the first week, then you can't pick PIT for the rest of the season.     You only need to pick the winner, no point spreads.

Your pick for the week must be submitted by 1p ET each Sunday (if you want to pick the thur game, then get your pick in before kickoff).   If you fail to pick a team for the week before the Sun 1pm ET deadline, then that counts as a strike.

Since we're doing two strikes, if folks are still alive heading into week 13 you'll need to submit two picks (each incorrect pick is still counted as one strike).   

Edited by pi2000

Note: you cannot pick the same team more than once throughout the season.   eg, if pick PIT the first week, then you can't pick then for the rest of the season.    

There goes my strategy of picking the Bills ever week 

Edited by WildCard

Unless it's the Jets

So what happens if there are multiple survivors? Knife fight?

You ever play before? It's incredibly hard to make it far. There are always one or two upsets that knock like 80% of the pool out in the first few weeks.

There will prolly be a few survivors by the time we get to week 13 where you'll need to pick 2 teams.    It'll end quickly at that point.   

I posted this in the fantasy football thread, but this needs more visibility.

I've created a Sabrespace NFL survival league on yahoo.

link to join:https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=11971&password=moulson40genos

If you're not familiar with survivor, the rules are simple....

Each week pick one team you believe will win.   If your team wins you stay in the game for another week.    If your team loses you receive one strike.    Two strikes (two incorrect picks) and you're out.    Last person to remain is the winner.   Note: you cannot pick the same team more than once throughout the season.   eg, if you pick PIT to win the first week, then you can't pick PIT for the rest of the season.     You only need to pick the winner, no point spreads.

Your pick for the week must be submitted by 1p ET each Sunday (if you want to pick the thur game, then get your pick in before kickoff).   If you fail to pick a team for the week before the Sun 1pm ET deadline, then that counts as a strike.

Since we're doing two strikes, if folks are still alive heading into week 13 you'll need to submit two picks (each incorrect pick is still counted as one strike).

Thanks! I'm in another where I picked the Bills vs Jets at home in Week 1. I'm not as confident in that one as I was.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we need to have our picks in before tonight's game?

No, like rakish said, 1p ET Sunday is the deadline.

If you want to pick the Thur game, you need to submit the pick before kickoff.

Edited by pi2000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.