TSN page -- build your own Vegas team

Sabre fan

TSN has this neat page where we get to pick the vegas team! too cool...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/draft-simulator

have fun!Of course some of these players are not available and no doubt there is deals in place but nevertheless pick who you wish...

Edited by Sabre fan

Here's my team. Feel free to tear it apart...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/user-pick?UserName=VHYXVBWQ

Calvin Pickard shows up as 50GP 0.922 SV% when you are picking, but in your final list, he has the correct 0.904 SV%.  Looking back, he had a 0.922 S% in 20GP in 2015-16, then dropped to the 0.904 in 50GP last year.  His career SV% is 0.914.

Edit: Similarly, Mrazek shows his 2015-16 SV% (0.921 in 54GP) while picking, but his 2016-17 (0.901 in 50GP) in the final list.  I'm too lazy to look at a bunch more, but I wonder if there listed stats are 2015-16 for everyone while picking.

Edited by carpandean

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/user-pick?UserName=CXAVPNUU

This simulator doesn't take the two contract LV already has into account.

They already signed a college kid and that russian guy.   But the 8 mill I got spare does some good.

Contracts I would take on are Garrison and Johnson

Steals: Methot (OTT), Nelson (NYI), Rychel (TOR) , Smith (FLO) Nesterov (MTL) , Van Riemsdyk (CHI)

Was really hard to stay under cap, so I really doubt they can take on more than one bad contract, unless they go for cheap goalie options.

then we might have to fear for Ullmark.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/user-pick?UserName=CXAVPNUU

This simulator doesn't take the two contract LV already has into account.

They already signed a college kid and that russian guy. But the 8 mill I got spare does some good.

Contracts I would take on are Garrison and Johnson

Steals: Methot (OTT), Nelson (NYI), Rychel (TOR) , Smith (FLO) Nesterov (MTL) , Van Riemsdyk (CHI)

Was really hard to stay under cap, so I really doubt they can take on more than one bad contract, unless they go for cheap goalie options.

then we might have to fear for Ullmark.

no Marchessault? A 25 year old 30 goal scorer making 750k?

Here's mine.  I had to adjust it to get to the cap floor.  I'm aware I have no RW.  Obviously, I as LVGM would make more deal before the start of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/user-pick?UserName=BRLJLHMF

I'm surprised you had trouble reaching the floor, I went well over the cap. 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/assemble-the-knights/user-pick?UserName=SVMZNQNC

Yeah I'm over the cap, but then I'm wheeling and dealing for picks/prospects. That's a damn good team right tharr

I like the thought of picking up at least 4 goalies.  They can definitely start a little goalie carousel around the league.  There's enough names on that list that can earn them a lot of trade bait.  There are going to be enough teams out there who want to shuffle their deck a bit in net and there are a lot of options here.

I like the thought of picking up at least 4 goalies.  They can definitely start a little goalie carousel around the league.  There's enough names on that list that can earn them a lot of trade bait.  There are going to be enough teams out there who want to shuffle their deck a bit in net and there are a lot of options here.

I like this idea

Same applies for the defense IMO.   They don't have to get under the cap until closer to the start of the season.   Taking higher priced guys like Johnson, Vatanen, Enstrom, etc.. would give them some trade ammunition.   Of course, other teams knowning they need to unload some of these guys might weaken their position as well.    

Same applies for the defense IMO. They don't have to get under the cap until closer to the start of the season. Taking higher priced guys like Johnson, Vatanen, Enstrom, etc.. would give them some trade ammunition. Of course, other teams knowning they need to unload some of these guys might weaken their position as well.

The defense has been just about everyone's focus in the last few months. When I read through those lists the other day, it was the first time where the goalies really jumped out at me. It really goes to show how unpredictable this whole thing could be. There's so much plausible trade bait out there that opens up so many possibilities.

I'm surprised you had trouble reaching the floor, I went well over the cap. 

They won't have issues to get to floor, TBL will give them something to take garrison.

you pick fleury as your goalie, and they have a deal for the clarkson contract already.

and everyone keeps forgetting they signed this guy already Vadim Shipachyov  4.5 mill cap hit you have to count for.

Edited by Huckleberry

I think the difference between some of the posters picks here really shows that Vegas can go two distinct routes - take best available and have more of a veteran win-now team or take young up and coming value prospects and struggle for a few years (while getting more top 5 picks). 

IMO, the only failure the VGK can do is land somewhere in between these two extremes and end up as a perpetual playoff cusp team.

They won't have issues to get to floor, TBL will give them something to take garrison.

you pick fleury as your goalie, and they have a deal for the clarkson contract already.

and everyone keeps forgetting they signed this guy already Vadim Shipachyov 4.5 mill cap hit you have to count for.

That counts for the cap ceiling but from my reading of expansion rules they have to take X cap or more specifically in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.