2017 Buyouts Confirmed

Brawndo

@NYRangers
OFFICIAL: #NYR will buy out the contract of defenseman Dan Girardi.

@reporterchris
Dan Girardi's buyout cap hit, per @CapFriendly:
2017-18: $2.61M
18-19: $3.61M
19-20: $3.61M
20-21: $1.11M
21-22: $1.11M
22-23: $1.11M

I am really not adjusting well to all of these new threads. I wish we had the old 2017 Free Agency thread back like we used to every offseason 

Edited by WildCard

I can only assume Craig Rivet will soon propose signing Girardi to fix the D. He's old, slow, and blocks shots. Perfect!

100%. Then they're going to lose their mind when we don't, because we need the defense, leadership, and all that

Girardi could be a good pickup to replace Bogo and Gorges as a veteran leader. He played hard and alot of mintues for the Rangers in the playoffs this year. If you can get him on a 2-3 year deal forless then 3-4 mil, that would be a good pickup

And IIRC, he lives probably 20-30 minutes away from the arena accross the river so he is 'local' being from Welland

Avs are buying out Beauchemin.

Always liked him on the Ducks. I seem to recall wanting him as our Gorges that one offseason.... Or maybe it was the year after we got Gorges and so we already had that guy. Anyway, I hope Zadorov picked up some knowledge from him in Colorado. Good luck, sir! (37 years old. Idle pondering: I wonder if he'll opt for retirement, or tryout as #7/8 in someone's camp. Maybe an AHL swan song?)

I can only assume Craig Rivet will soon propose signing Girardi to fix the D. He's old, slow, and blocks shots. Perfect!

Oi. I sometimes like the instigators... but it's almost like they need their own half-hour show, and add another half-hour pair for "The Danglers". Then Marty can join for the final 30 minutes of head-to-head 5-on-5 and call it the Line Brawl segment.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.