Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

That would be awesome. I've never been.

So, if you don't mind me asking, is Chicago considering moving one of the big 2 contracts in the near future?

Not unless there is an injury to one of them.  Still two very healthy horses.  

This comes down to whether or not you think Reinhart will ever be a top 2 center with this team. If yes what are you doing with O'Reilly? Wing? If not then he's a winger. Would you trade a decent winger for Hanifan?

This.

Great points, and thanks

Not unless there is an injury to one of them. Still two very healthy horses.

Saddens me a bit. Would love. P. Kane on the Sabers. And thanks 3putt for the convo, very informative. Edited by Lucky E

I've seen some promote Reinhart for Hanifin.

Someone, anyone, convince me one way or the other.

It's Kane for Hanifin, for me. It's like people forgot about all the pain and suffering we went through just to have the right to draft Reino. At the very least the kid has proven to be a 50point scorer, while playing in a crap system and out of position. Furthermore, once the kid is put back into his natural position, which on this team should be second line center, there is no reason Reino shouldn't become a 60 - 80 point guy. I'm not sacrificing Reino just so RoR can stay at 1c, when he should be on Jack's wing.

It's Kane for Hanifin, for me. It's like people forgot about all the pain and suffering we went through just to have the right to draft Reino. At the very least the kid has proven to be a 50point scorer, while playing in a crap system and out of position. Furthermore, once the kid is put back into his natural position, which on this team should be second line center, there is no reason Reino shouldn't become a 60 - 80 point guy. I'm not sacrificing Reino just so RoR can stay at 1c, when he should be on Jack's wing.

ROR is our best centre. Eichel is better offensively but no where near as good defensively. Reinhart is worse both offensively and defensively. He may (and probably will) improve, but that doesn't mean there is space for him

60 point ROR > 70 Reinhart

I also see the ROR to wing idea battered about. I have to be honest, I watched him during the worlds, he's freaking amazing.

The ROR to wing conversation doesn't convince me on Reinhart at 2c. There has to be more, and that is difficult I know, since Sam is still so young.

If I could remove the notion that all skill players need to be crammed into a top-6 from everybody's brain and throw it into the abyss, I would. We have three centers. Why not run three centers?

I'm fine with that. It would make us a hell of a lot better team.

Sure he does, second line center. All we need to do is move ROR to wing.

That reduces his defensive responsibilities and in turn reduces his effectiveness. ROR is better than Reinhart, so you either put Reinhart on the wing and hope he develops into a better player enough to push his way into the centre. Or you give him the centre job and accept for some period of time we will be a team that is playing below the level it could be

If I could remove the notion that all skill players need to be crammed into a top-6 from everybody's brain and throw it into the abyss, I would. We have three centers. Why not run three centers?

Cost and ice-time I guess? The only team that really runs that way (putting crap wingers on great centres) is Pittsburgh, so are Eichel, Reinhart and ROR equal to or better than Malkin and Crosby?

shhh you will anger the gods and they will spit smoke from the mountains and reign fire on us.  everyone must have a number. 

That reduces his defensive responsibilities and in turn reduces his effectiveness. ROR is better than Reinhart, so you either put Reinhart on the wing and hope he develops into a better player enough to push his way into the centre. Or you give him the centre job and accept for some period of time we will be a team that is playing below the level it could be

Have to do it sometime or another. Wish DB did it last year as that would have been perfect but it's my understanding that ROR was signed as a short term center, long term wing. Jack and Sam was the 1-2 centers, or so the thought process was.

You WANT him to be a 60-70 point player.  Right now he's a 45 point player.  Whether he actually becomes a 60-70 point player is a matter of great debate.

Also, Artemi Panarin was just traded for Brandon Saad.  Today.  By a GM we'd all spooge in our pants to have run our team.

I think the difference between them is very arguable. Saad had the nickname mini Hossa for a reason. But then I know I have a bias for 200 foot players. Still, goals prevented is not really a stat that is easily captured.

ROR is our best centre. Eichel is better offensively but no where near as good defensively. Reinhart is worse both offensively and defensively. He may (and probably will) improve, but that doesn't mean there is space for him

60 point ROR > 70 Reinhart

Probably be banned from this site for saying this, but I don't give two craps about RoR. If he is unwilling to be put on Jack's wing then trade him! The future of the Sabres is Jack and Reino, not Jack and RoR.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.