Rumors and Speculation Part II

Brawndo

Not a chance in hell

If JBott doesn't see the value in Sam as his type of player going forward, I would expect talks like this may be occurring. But, maybe he loves him, idk, but JBott is not tied to any player on the roster except for Jack.

If JBott doesn't see the value in Sam as his type of player going forward, I would expect talks like this may be occurring. But, maybe he loves him, idk, but JBott is not tied to any player on the roster except for Jack.

And O'Reilly.

I expect Sam to be dealt this offseason for a trade much like the one being discussed. Not that specific deal, the 1st overall pick won't be traded, but one where we might be scratching our heads a bit on the value. Much like the Tanev deal that was being circulated around here.

Forbort strikes me as a Botterill kind of guy.. NCAA player that developed in the A, then stepped into a full time role seamlessly. Wouldn't be surprised or upset if he's involved, but I would want LA to add.

THANK YOU! Finally someone else mentions Forbort I've been talking about him for months. I'd trade our #8 for him. As far as Kane goes though, if he doesn't want to be extended yeah trade him. Forbort and a first rounder for Kane?

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

TBN article todays says that, according to the top three or four prospects, we took it easy on the prospects in the interviews. Vogl points to the change in leadership.

However, noting that some of the staff is still around (like Kevin Devine, thankfully), taking it easy on the top prospects could mean that we don't plan on trading up.

That would fit with the notion that we may move picks that would otherwise be used to trade up to acquire NHL-ready defensemen.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

THANK YOU! Finally someone else mentions Forbort I've been talking about him for months. I'd trade our #8 for him. As far as Kane goes though, if he doesn't want to be extended yeah trade him. Forbort and a first rounder for Kane?

I knew you'd appreciate that haha.

If the + was LA's first rounder, I'd jump at that for sure. But they pick 11th this year. Surprisingly not far behind us. Unsure if they'd part with that AND Forbort after waiting out his development so long.

.@FriedgeHNIC just reported the LA Kings want Evander Kane and there will be a deal if Sabres get acceptable value

I would take their first and Adrian Kempe and make that deal. 

So how about Kane and #38 for Kempe and #11

Edited by LGR4GM

I knew you'd appreciate that haha.

If the + was LA's first rounder, I'd jump at that for sure. But they pick 11th this year. Surprisingly not far behind us. Unsure if they'd part with that AND Forbort after waiting out his development so long.

They might they're pretty stacked at D if they feel like they could get Kane to sign it's a realistic trade and a good one for both sides imo.

I definitely don't hate Forbort the player. But I've hit a point in my watching where I'm absolutely desperate for a puck mover, and I don't want to use our #1, Kane, Reinhart, or any other non-negligible asset on a defender that isn't at least good at that. We have one or mayyyyyyyybe two chances to get a legit NHL defender this summer. It needs to be a guy who can tilt the ice. 

Maybe I'm just watching too much Slavin/Daley/Schultz/Subban/Ellis/Ekholm/Josi/Karlsson/Fowler lately. But it's about all I see when I watch hockey at this point, how effective a team is at getting out of their zone. 

I definitely don't hate Forbort the player. But I've hit a point in my watching where I'm absolutely desperate for a puck mover, and I don't want to use our #1, Kane, Reinhart, or any other non-negligible asset on a defender that isn't at least good at that. We have one or mayyyyyyyybe two chances to get a legit NHL defender this summer. It needs to be a guy who can tilt the ice. 

Maybe I'm just watching too much Slavin/Daley/Schultz/Subban/Ellis/Ekholm/Josi/Karlsson/Fowler lately. But it's about all I see when I watch hockey at this point, how effective a team is at getting out of their zone. 

+26

Yeah, screw an NHL proven,former #15 overall, gigantic stay at home lhd that can play in versatile situations. Not like we could use one of those.

Yes screw a 25yr old stay at home defender for either #8 or Kane.  I can go buy one of those types of players in UFA. Idc if he is big. I care if he is at least average and skates as good as Risto.  

If I trade Kane to LA I want #11 and Kempe. Then I can draft Liljegren and Valimaki. I need to change my pants...

We have Antipin now.

taco.jpg

In all seriousness, I know next to nothing about Kempe. Fill me in on why you're high on him!

When MODO wakes up ask him, he should be able to give a good opinion.

He's a 6'2" 190lb LW with a non stop motor and good skating. Loved him in 2014 and love him more today. Would fit wonderfully on Eichel's wing. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Yes screw a 25yr old stay at home defender for either #8 or Kane. I can go buy one of those types of players in UFA. Idc if he is big. I care if he is at least average and skates as good as Risto.

If I trade Kane to LA I want #11 and Kempe. Then I can draft Liljegren and Valimaki. I need to change my pants...

Oh you can find one of those in UFA this year? ????

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.