Head Coach Thread: What / Whom Do You Want, etc.?

Eleven

We haven't even talked to Tocchet??

Why should I read another tweet posted here by anyone ever again?

Because tweets are how most information is disseminated these days, like it or not. Just make sure you use sources you trust. I trust Dreger more than Button, but until McKensie or LeBrun says it I'm still skeptical.

Because tweets are how most information is disseminated these days, like it or not. Just make sure you use sources you trust. I trust Dreger more than Button, but until McKensie or LeBrun says it I'm still skeptical.

But at this point if I haven't read a single tweet about the coach search, and only listened to Botterill's PC, watched the playoffs, and paid attention to possible coaching candidates, I'd be right here where I am now, without going through five incorrect loops about where I thought this was going all based on tweets from good sources.

I feel like I'd have a much firmer grasp on reality if I just paid attention and waited for the announcement.

That Tocchet stuff is freaking nuts.

But at this point if I haven't read a single tweet about the coach search, and only listened to Botterill's PC, watched the playoffs, and paid attention to possible coaching candidates, I'd be right here where I am now, without going through five incorrect loops about where I thought this was going all based on tweets from good sources.

I feel like I'd have a much firmer grasp on reality if I just paid attention and waited for the announcement.

That Tocchet stuff is freaking nuts.

Kinda the point of a board though, is to speculate and go through those hoops.

The talk of Housley reminded me of this gem from Rob Ray:

On Housley, Ray said, "I detest Phil Housley. I still hate him. I fight Domi, but it's not as if I hate him. I played with Phil Housley and he treated me like [expletive] while he was here. He's someone, to this day, I still hate. He showed you no respect and pretended that he was the man and never gave you a chance as a young guy to fit in. I have a problem with that guy."

On Housley, Ray said, "I detest Phil Housley. I still hate him. I fight Domi, but it's not as if I hate him. I played with Phil Housley and he treated me like [expletive] while he was here. He's someone, to this day, I still hate. He showed you no respect and pretended that he was the man and never gave you a chance as a young guy to fit in. I have a problem with that guy."

DC politics of character assasination invades Sabrespace, first Tocchet, now Housley.... interesting.

I was a little relieved to see the comment was made 17 years ago. I question the basis for it. I hear that Ray used to be quite the womanizer. Maybe that's something Housley detested and looked down upon Ray. Or maybe he was jealous of Ray for it. Regardless, duly noted, but I don't see a pattern here of people hating Housley. I know my immaturity as a 20-year old led to me rubbing people the wrong way. 

Kinda the point of a board though, is to speculate and go through those hoops.

Well I like speculating and talking about possible scenarios with you guys. I don't like the most reliable reporters out there tweeting stuff like Tocchet being the leading candidate nonstop for two weeks, when in fact we never even spoke to him. 

Well I like speculating and talking about possible scenarios with you guys. I don't like the most reliable reporters out there tweeting stuff like Tocchet being the leading candidate nonstop for two weeks, when in fact we never even spoke to him.

Agreed.

Brushing up on my Housley reading, from wikipedia:

"Housley is the second leading scorer amongst U.S.-born players, with 1,232 points (338–894). He held the record for most points by an American-born NHL player until Mike Modano surpassed it on November 7, 2007. Housley never won the Stanley Cup, coming closest with the Capitals in 1998, where they were swept in the Stanley Cup Finals by the Detroit Red Wings. He played more NHL games without winning the Stanley Cup than any player in NHL history."

Really impressive career, but the bolded jumps out to me as the most Buffalo statistic ever. Hopefully he gets his name on the cup here, if hired.

Red: I have absolutely no memory of Housley on that team; that's the one that beat the Sabres in the semi-finals, right? The Kerry Fraiser - Hasek stuff?