Amerks coach Dan Lambert let go...now we need 2 coaches!

Sabre fan

Kind of amazed this has been the attitude around here to, well, pretty much everything that's happened. I mean, not to pick on your meh specifically for an AHL coach, but we completely cleaned house, signed the MVP of the playoffs for the Russian league in a d-man we desperately need....and it all just feels so, well, meh. 

Have the Sabres broken us like the Bills have?

Nah. Its not the clubs that have broken down the fan bases empathy. Its the culture of losing in Buffalo sports history that has. At some point and time, we need championships at the NHL and NFL levels.

Is that like a Buffalo stormtrooper type of thing you've got going there>

It sure is!

Exactly where I am. And I'm actually good with that.

(Kane is gone, so I guess that qualifies as a big move, but he won't be bringing a big name back.)

I think someone will come in who is perceived like Chris Tanev or Brian Doumilin was three years ago.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Dan Lambert, Ron Rolston, Chadd Cassidy... this decade has been littered with rookie coaches in Rochester whose career peaked and stalled there. Is it any wonder the team has been struggling?

Really, all those years of stability with Lindy and Darcy disguised the fact that the Sabres simply haven't been a place that has brought in and developed coaching and executive talent.

When's the last time you remember a Sabre assistant being hyped for a job elesewhere?

Jim Benning is only executive graduate of the "Sabre school" in the past 20 years.

Who's the premier assistant or minor league coach? Scott Arniel?

And neither of those guys were hired out of Buffalo.

Something tells me this is an area where Botterill can and will make a difference.

Maybe Kevin Dineen? But your point is correct.

The problem in Roch is lack of talent, not coaching IMO. They need more Baptiste's and Bailey's, and that can only happen if the talent in Buffalo improves.

I agree. I think the coaching was part of the issue in Rochester. Edited by LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.