GDT Montreal vs Buffalo 4-5-2017. 7:30pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

While at the game last night there was a female veteran season ticket holder sitting behind us...... and she was educated to the point of knowing the officials names...... but during one flurry in the Sabres end near the net, she hollered at Lehner......."It's sitting behind you, like a turd!"........ I howled, and thought now there's one you probably won't hear Rick use........

I thought Ennis looked real, real good last night.

As in best Sabre on the ice, best he's looked in two years.

Really, he's looked pretty good for a couple weeks now.

And I started to imagine the cycle the 2014 Ennis could have with ROR and Okposo, or Reinhart and Kane, the way I used to envision before this season.

So I pulled up his stat line.

Even in the past nine games, when his ice time has been pumped up to over 15 minutes per and he has had some time in the top six, he's had just 1 goal and 3 assists. He had 1 point in the 15 games before that.

He's a scorer who can't score anymore.

I do think he could rejuvenate his career in the right situation and I hope he does.

But it's time for us to move on.

I agree.  People have been calling for his head, but the last few games I thought he's looked good, just snakebit around the goal.  Glad he finally scored; it's been coming.  Not sure what will happen for him next year, but I think there's a decent chance he'll be better, if not back to his old self, if he can come into training camp with a clean bill of health.

I agree.  People have been calling for his head, but the last few games I thought he's looked good, just snakebit around the goal.  Glad he finally scored; it's been coming.  Not sure what will happen for him next year, but I think there's a decent chance he'll be better, if not back to his old self, if he can come into training camp with a clean bill of health.

No one is calling for his head. We just don't care. 

Whose last game in FNC as a Sabre was that?

Kulikov? Franson? Ennis? Moulson? Gorges? Des? 

Yeah, wishful thinking on the last three

Gionta, if we're lucky.

Girgenson is useless

So are there actually those who want Bogo here next year?  He's rarely, if ever, included in anyone's "must go" list.  He has been the worst Sabre player by far this year and most of last.  There's no way the Sabres can be successful with him in the 2nd D pairing next year and we can't afford a $5 million 3rd pairing underachiever.

Or is it that there's no way to unload him so why bother thinking about it?  If I'm Murray that's the player and contract that I'm doing everything I can to get Vegas to take, including sweetening the deal to ensure it.  The scary thing is that I think Murray may actually protect him.  Murray's Bogo strategy is the primary decision I'm evaluating this offseason, along with the coach, which will determine whether I should have any faith in the decision makers to actually improve this team or if we're doomed beyond hope.

So are there actually those who want Bogo here next year?  He's rarely, if ever, included in anyone's "must go" list.  He has been the worst Sabre player by far this year and most of last.  There's no way the Sabres can be successful with him in the 2nd D pairing next year and we can't afford a $5 million 3rd pairing underachiever.

Or is it that there's no way to unload him so why bother thinking about it?  If I'm Murray that's the player and contract that I'm doing everything I can to get Vegas to take, including sweetening the deal to ensure it.  The scary thing is that I think Murray may actually protect him.  Murray's Bogo strategy is the primary decision I'm evaluating this offseason, along with the coach, which will determine whether I should have any faith in the decision makers to actually improve this team or if we're doomed beyond hope.

I think we're stuck with Bogo. 

So are there actually those who want Bogo here next year? He's rarely, if ever, included in anyone's "must go" list. He has been the worst Sabre player by far this year and most of last. There's no way the Sabres can be successful with him in the 2nd D pairing next year and we can't afford a $5 million 3rd pairing underachiever.

Or is it that there's no way to unload him so why bother thinking about it? If I'm Murray that's the player and contract that I'm doing everything I can to get Vegas to take, including sweetening the deal to ensure it. The scary thing is that I think Murray may actually protect him. Murray's Bogo strategy is the primary decision I'm evaluating this offseason, along with the coach, which will determine whether I should have any faith in the decision makers to actually improve this team or if we're doomed beyond hope.

How dare you! I HAVE A BUNKER FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE!

It's this. Sabrespace isn't high on Bogo

"Plechanik"

The Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs sat down with NHL veteran Tomas Plekanec to discuss a variety of topics. Here’s the Q&A:

Q: So how do you pronounce your name?

A: PLEK-a-nets (laughs). Really, it doesn’t matter. I don’t care at all anymore. I’m fine when people say it Ple-CAN-ek, but it’s PLEK-a-nets.

The Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs sat down with NHL veteran Tomas Plekanec to discuss a variety of topics. Here’s the Q&A:

Q: So how do you pronounce your name?

A: PLEK-a-nets (laughs). Really, it doesn’t matter. I don’t care at all anymore. I’m fine when people say it Ple-CAN-ek, but it’s PLEK-a-nets.

So apparently it's like Sekera, where the first syllable is stressed.  And one thing we miss in the West is that a Slavic "c" isn't pronounced like "ch" in English, but more like "ts."  My real last name ends in "cki" and it's pronounced in Polish like "tski"  (i.e., if Doohicki was my real last name, in Polish you'd say "Doo HEET skee.")

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.