Breaking Down Eichel's Skating

WildCard

In order to skate the way he does and I have tried..  Can do it for my 5 strides and then my legs are jello... you have to have massively strong upper legs with endurance to boot... His power is impressive.... maybe why he floats so much when not at full bore.

In order to skate the way he does and I have tried..  Can do it for my 5 strides and then my legs are jello... you have to have massively strong upper legs with endurance to boot... His power is impressive.... maybe why he floats so much when not at full bore.

His legs are like tree trunks, very powerful.

Jack does have a pretty stride.

Do you think pros try and steal tips off each other? Like ask Jack for skating lessons, ROR for pocket picking, Kane for forechecking etc.

Or do you think they just try to focus on sharpening 'their' game and accept its too late to really improve the peripherals?

That 45* note is in reference to the angle in the previous shot, which is directly from the side profile. I don't know why the video production chose the off-profile shot as the time to put a number to the dimension. 

Now I see it.

That's way closer to pi/2 than pi/4 in that shot.

Not sure you're looking at the correct angle; I think they're referring to the acute angle at the top of the triangle to the right of his leg.

The video in the link is someone who copied it out from the overall source..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-CqSpURWEHKoeNsAONKUg

There are actually a lot of videos in the Bauer1927 profile.  Only reason I went looking is I wanted to see the creating space video with Patrick Kane.

One other thing I've noticed... maybe it's me.. he skates a lot like Jagr. 

The video in the link is someone who copied it out from the overall source..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-CqSpURWEHKoeNsAONKUg

There are actually a lot of videos in the Bauer1927 profile.  Only reason I went looking is I wanted to see the creating space video with Patrick Kane.

One other thing I've noticed... maybe it's me.. he skates a lot like Jagr.

Still say he skates like Gilbert.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.