GDT: Arizona v. Buffalo, 3/2/17 at 7:05 MSG and WGR

That Aud Smell

Laugh it up now. Let's not forget that Team Storm Cloud was right. 

Who's laughing?

Ive hinted around what I think is happening with this team. 

The what now?

I would love for it to be mostly roster. But I can't get there. There are too many things that point to it being more than that. 

If the vibe Im started to get is right...... you dont want it to be roster.

Ah-yup. 

I literally can't follow this. What vibe? And why does that vibe make me not want it to be roster?

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Edit: Oh wait. I think I get it now. We've was speaking directly TO d4rk there. Okay. I think.

Edited by That Aud Smell

They're talking to each other, sure, but in this "I know something YOU don't know" tone that's annoying has hell.

My translation is they are inferring an issue with Jack. Whether it's work ethic, leadership, or whatever it's between them and God.

My translation is they are inferring an issue with Jack. Whether it's work ethic, leadership, or whatever it's between them and God.

I can't speak for weave, but my feeling is that we don't want this team to be SGM Redux. It's not really about just one player, ie Jack, but about all of them as a group. We better hope this isn't the case. But it could be, and we've seen it before and it's hard for me to avoid having some wariness when I see comments from Jack to the effect that they needed GMTM to come down and give em a lil pick me up. Is this the NHL, or midget?

I can't speak for weave, but my feeling is that we don't want this team to be SGM Redux. It's not really about just one player, ie Jack, but about all of them as a group. We better hope this isn't the case. But it could be, and we've seen it before and it's hard for me to avoid having some wariness when I see comments from Jack to the effect that they needed GMTM to come down and give em a lil pick me up. Is this the NHL, or midget?

Fire Bylsma and TSC can rest peacefully 

SGM?

I haven't seen the context of Jack's comments. Here's what I could find:

"It wasn't too scheduled. It was just out of nowhere," Ryan O'Reilly said. "He walked in and said there's a meeting. It was good, something we needed to hear after the deadline and all the rumors. It was nice to hear him say this is the group."

"More than anything, he said he still has a lot of faith in us as a group and that this season is far from over," said Eichel, who responded with his third three-point game of the campaign. "He hopes that everyone wants to be here, that everyone cares about each other, gets better and moves forward with this organization. I thought it was a great speech by him. I took a lot out of it."

So, ROR was the one who said this was something the team needed to hear after the deadline. That is about as innocuous as it gets -- standard stuff. I would bet that many GMs check in with their players after the trade deadline to give them the GM's view of the world. It's a stressful time for many of the players, etc. It's welcome, "needed," or whatever, for the head of personnel to come into the room and tell the fellas that he believes in them. What good GM wouldn't do the same?

As for Eichel, I see nothing there that's of any concern.

What a fart in a bottle this is.

Edited by That Aud Smell

SGM?

I haven't seen the context of Jack's comments. Here's what I could find:

"It wasn't too scheduled. It was just out of nowhere," Ryan O'Reilly said. "He walked in and said there's a meeting. It was good, something we needed to hear after the deadline and all the rumors. It was nice to hear him say this is the group."

"More than anything, he said he still has a lot of faith in us as a group and that this season is far from over," said Eichel, who responded with his third three-point game of the campaign. "He hopes that everyone wants to be here, that everyone cares about each other, gets better and moves forward with this organization. I thought it was a great speech by him. I took a lot out of it."

So, ROR was the one who said this was something the team needed to hear after the deadline. That is about as innocuous as it gets -- standard stuff. I would bet that many GMs check in with their players after the trade deadline to give them the GM's view of the world. It's a stressful time for many of the players, etc.

As for Eichel, I see nothing there that's of any concern.

What a fart in a bottle this is.

Okay. 

So, ROR was the one who said this was something the team needed to hear after the deadline. That is about as innocuous as it gets -- standard stuff. I would bet that many GMs check in with their players after the trade deadline to give them the GM's view of the world. It's a stressful time for many of the players, etc. It's welcome, "needed," or whatever, for the head of personnel to come into the room and tell the fellas that he believes in them. What good GM wouldn't do the same?

In the corporate world, that's referred to as a "Circle the Wagons Meeting," usually after a layoff or a merger, to reassure people and get them back to thinking about work.

Even if it's not standard practice in the NHL, GMTM may have thought it was needed based on the lack of movement of pending free agents, especially in light of Kulikov's comments.  A lot of distraction, so basically talk to the team and let them clear the air.  Since (from what I read) it was just GMTM and players but no coaches, it may have also included a Q&A about the coaching situation and/or a chance for GMTM to see if DD has, in fact, lost the room.

I know that publicly there have been remarks to the effect that GMTM and DD (and TPegs) are all on the same page as far as supporting DD which concerns the Team Storm Cloud folks, but again, speaking from experience in the corporate world, the senior management typically shows full public support for the leadership team under them, up until the time that changes are made.  Then the old team goes out, a new team comes in, and it's time for another Circle the Wagons Meeting.

Expectations for this year were higher than the results to date and I'm sure people at all levels of the organization are feeling the pressure.  TSC is probably correct in that something is bound to give, but until the change is made it's all just speculation what will happen.

But, what is SGM Redux?

Also, I think that'd be more effective if you just K'd me.

Nah?

Sausage Grabbing Marys. The original rotten core. The guys who liked to party instead of win. "It's hard to score in the NHL", "We just need to work harder", "We don't have any confidence". The same stuff that used to come out of Pommers and Staff is coming out of Dan, ROR, and Eichel. That's bad news, man. 

Sausage Grabbing Marys. The original rotten core. The guys who liked to party instead of win. "It's hard to score in the NHL", "We just need to work harder", "We don't have any confidence". The same stuff that used to come out of Pommers and Staff is coming out of Dan, ROR, and Eichel. That's bad news, man. 

Hmm. I suppose that bears watching. Maybe a light monitoring.

At this point, I am wholly confident that our current core is nothing like the rotten core that post-dated 7/1/07.

I mean, every one of those guys - Roy, Pomminstein, Vanek, Stafford - proved to be a limp biscuit when the mantle of leadership fell upon them.

I get no such vibe off of Eichel, Reinhart, ROR, or Risto.

I'm excepting the Dreary Dan issue from this analysis.

Ive hinted around what I think is happening with this team. I think it is more roster than folks want to admit. TSC is stirring.

Oh, man.

We've has voiced the concern that dare not speak its name.

How can we go on?

I'm still not sure what we've is saying.

They're mentally soft and crumble the moment there is adversity. Not winners. Lacking "it."

Was that so hard?  Thank you for enlightening the board.  I disagree with this opinion but can see why it may be a concern with some.  Hard to say Jack wilts when he is putting up numbers and controlling play.  ROR some say is hurt and gutting it out.  This does not seem like wilting.  Coming from behind as often as they did earlier is also in apposite of that.  I do think they may have forgotten that the other team cashes game checks too from time to time, but I equate that with still being relatively young.  

Attaboy.

Was that so hard?  Thank you for enlightening the board.  I disagree with this opinion but can see why it may be a concern with some.  Hard to say Jack wilts when he is putting up numbers and controlling play.  ROR some say is hurt and gutting it out.  This does not seem like wilting.  Coming from behind as often as they did earlier is also in apposite of that.  I do think they may have forgotten that the other team cashes game checks too from time to time, but I equate that with still being relatively young.  

Meh.  I really had no desire for a bunch of folks to bring it up in 4 threads after I voiced it.

Memories of Miller calling out the core as fragile.  Oh wait, our captain did that post game 2 games ago too.

Attaboy.

Meh.  I really had no desire for a bunch of folks to bring it up in 4 threads after I voiced it.

Memories of Miller calling out the core as fragile.  Oh wait, our captain did that post game 2 games ago too.

Oh I get where your coming from and a comment like that does perk ones ears,but I think the context may be a little different. I could be wrong but our 2 brightest stars ar 20 and 21 yo respectively and may have not experienced enough yet to be hardened.  But I could be wrong.  Besides these rose colored glasses look smashing with my new era Sabres hat. :flirt:

So, the Sausage Grabbing Marys have begot the Narrative Loving Eeyores?

The idea that this promising group of players is headed the way of Roy and Stafford is more than borrowing trouble; it's inventing it.

Meh. I really had no desire for a bunch of folks to bring it up in 4 threads after I voiced it..

That's my fault. I requested an explanation.

So, the Sausage Grabbing Marys have begot the Narrative Loving Eeyores?

The idea that this promising group of players is headed the way of Roy and Stafford is more than borrowing trouble; it's inventing it.

That's my fault. I requested an explanation.

Eeyore I'll admit to. Not sure what narrative Im loving. It isnt even a trend to have the impression that something is amiss, let alone a narrative.

Eeyore I'll admit to. Not sure what narrative Im loving. It isnt even a trend to have the impression that something is amiss, let alone a narrative.

The narrative would maybe be a la David Byrne/Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime": Same as it ever was. (/arm chopping)

Thing is: Maybe it isn't. I'm betting it isn't. In fact, I'm happier believing it isn't. In matters sport, I'd rather be happy than right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.