Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

He also lead their team receivers with 8 touchdowns. 3 more than anyone else on the Lions, and twice as much as anyone on the Bills

There is something to that. Maybe he can primarily be a red zone threat but I hope Zay, Andre or Rod are on the field to stretch the D from 20 to 20. Tyrod's throwing strength is down the field and it would seem like a bad fit to get the slowest WR in the game.

They didn't sign Boldin to stretch the field. They signed him to be a big target who is smart, knows how to get open on short routes, including in the red zone, won't drop it or commit a dumb penalty and will help move the chains.

They didn't sign Boldin to stretch the field. They signed him to be a big target who is smart, knows how to get open on short routes, including in the red zone, won't drop it or commit a dumb penalty and will help move the chains.

They got boldin because they wasted a draft pick on EJ Manuel, another one to trade up for a WR in the deepest WR draft in 20 years, and were unable to find another measure to fill that WR2/3 gap that they have until Zay Jones gets up to speed. 

Look I would rather have him than not but at best he gives us a touch more depth at WR. Maybe he catches 6 td's this year depending on our scheme. Still not much to get super excited over. 

They got boldin because they wasted a draft pick on EJ Manuel, another one to trade up for a WR in the deepest WR draft in 20 years, and were unable to find another measure to fill that WR2/3 gap that they have until Zay Jones gets up to speed.

Look I would rather have him than not but at best he gives us a touch more depth at WR. Maybe he catches 6 td's this year depending on our scheme. Still not much to get super excited over.

How long are you going to hold onto this EJ resentment? He's gone, the people who drafted him are gone,the only thing tying to the Bills anymore is your everliving resentment of him. :lol: Edited by inkman

How long are you going to hold onto this EJ resentment? He's gone, the people who drafted him are gone,the only thing tying to the Bills anymore is your everliving resentment of him. :lol:

Forever. Because all everyone talked about was what a good pick it was.

I see you've taken up with the hockey folk. We miss you at TBD, bro.

Do you really miss me? Two Bills Drive getting rid of politically incorrect types. Seems you have to accept Nathan Peterman as your savior to post there now. It's a sad day when a message board only allows people who agree with each other.

Oh well, Mahomes debuts Friday night. Should be fun!

Jeffy! We miss you at TBD, Warning Sabres fan's he's a Leafs fan, hates the Pegula's and he has friends.

Actually, I think the Sabres made a great move with Jbot and Housley. Unlike the Bills, the Sabres conducted a real GM and coach search and hired top candidates. Maybe Russ Brandon was too busy messing up the Bills that the Sabres were left alone to do their thing. Maybe Eichel is the real GM. Either way I am excited for the Sabres. 

Do you really miss me? Two Bills Drive getting rid of politically incorrect types. Seems you have to accept Nathan Peterman as your savior to post there now. It's a sad day when a message board only allows people who agree with each other.

If Petermen is anything more than a career back-up I'll be shocked.

This reminds me of the T.O. signing. Washed up receiver on his last legs brought in to drum up excitement before a 5 win season.

Signings intended to drum up excitement aren't made in August.  They're reactionary, just like the one in Miami.  If people are getting excited over it, they're the types who are in football withdrawal.

Even Sal C, the biggest Bills brown noser, can't pretend Peterman is any good. He was run out of town in Tennessee and his skill set is poor for the NFL. 

1.  If you think he's the biggest brown noser, you've gotta listen to Murphy sometime.

2.  I believe he said this morning that Peterman doesn't look good.

I don't visit TBD too often, but what does Nathan Peterman have to do with political correctness?

1.  If you think he's the biggest brown noser, you've gotta listen to Murphy sometime.

2.  I believe he said this morning that Peterman doesn't look good.

I don't visit TBD too often, but what does Nathan Peterman have to do with political correctness?

That's my point. If even Sal C can't pretend the rookie has shown something then that does not speak well for the player. Sal C appears to be angling for a job with the Bills. He used to be ok but has gotten so bad that it's hard to listen to.

One example was right after the draft when the Bills traded back and passed on Mahomes and Watson. Sal C claimed the Bills had some master plan to obtain a QB in the 2018 draft. I watched the clip where Sal asks McD about the trade and Sal was literally leading the question and delivering an excuse for the Bills inaction at QB despite the fact that Sean McD himself never said any such thing! WGR now has made this myth a fact and insists the Bills have a plan to draft a QB in 2018.

That's my point. If even Sal C can't pretend the rookie has shown something then that does not speak well for the player. Sal C appears to be angling for a job with the Bills. He used to be ok but has gotten so bad that it's hard to listen to.

One example was right after the draft when the Bills traded back and passed on Mahomes and Watson. Sal C claimed the Bills had some master plan to obtain a QB in the 2018 draft. I watched the clip where Sal asks McD about the trade and Sal was literally leading the question and delivering an excuse for the Bills inaction at QB despite the fact that Sean McD himself never said any such thing! WGR now has made this myth a fact and insists the Bills have a plan to draft a QB in 2018.

The 2018 draft has the potential to be a deeper QB draft than 2017. I would respect the Bills if they didn't feel good about the 2017 crop and opted to hedge their bets and try to acquire one at the 2018 draft. I don't think the Bills are that smart. They have not shown to be smart in almost 20 years. 

I will give the Bills the benefit of the doubt on Mahomes and Watson. A lot of people have major questions about them as starting QB's so not forcing yourself to take one was probably wise. 

Edited by LGR4GM

The 2018 draft has the potential to be a deeper QB draft than 2017. I would respect the Bills if they didn't feel good about the 2017 crop and opted to hedge their bets and try to acquire one at the 2018 draft. I don't think the Bills are that smart. They have not shown to be smart in almost 20 years. 

I will give the Bills the benefit of the doubt on Mahomes and Watson. A lot of people have major questions about them as starting QB's so not forcing yourself to take one was probably wise. 

The Bills just don't understand the QB position. Period. There is no plan for next year. They are so incompetent that they hired a WR's coach with ZERO NFL experience to coach the QB's. They have passed on Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, and Russell Wilson. 2018 is a big unknown at this point. Most of the talking heads on ESPN have no clue as they salivated over Goff and Wentz and downplayed Mahomes and Watson.