GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers 7:30 PM EST 12/20/2016

The Dominator

How many shootout goals have the Sabres scored this season? I completely understand that Lehner is just plain awful. I mean he is freaking terrible. Just plain revolting. He stinks on ice! But man, our shooters blow too.

Edited by ubkev

Sam's shift on the third goal is the best I've seen from him this year, but his game continues to weigh down our top six. I might move Lars up and let Sammy develop a bit at center. He appeared to start taking well to it before. 

Kanes best game of the year showcasing speed and even some stickhandling, although I still don't notice his stellar forecheck as much as I used too. Maybe someone got in his ear about staying healthy? We should still dump and chase with him a bit more, especially if he's playing on the third. 

I think its obvious the shootouts have been in Lehnny's head for a while now. Any history of a cold backup going in at the end of OT? Would it mess too much with psyche? (he is playing very well). Is it a role Anders would embrace? 

To the guy taking an unprompted shot at "Hillary fans", not really any place for that. 

Heading home and going to the game Thursday. Pumped! My optimism will take a dent if we don't put it away in regulation. 

And ffs please don't tell me the second goal Lenny gave up in the shootout was bad. The dude hung on to the puck forever and then roofed it. All you Lenny haters need to chill out. You sound like all the liberal left Hillary fans.

Cant stand the heat get outta the kitchen... not hating reality. just pointing it out or do you speak rusky.

it's more than that.....why was he flat on his stomach for the tying goal?

Because he has a flat stomach now?

I fell well behind in this thread and can't catch up. I might not be the best Xs and Os analyst, but Bogo was brutal on the tying goal, right? I swear, he staggered into the corner like either Fred Sanford faking a heart attack or an old man trying to order soup in a deli. Then he got flicked aside and dropped to the ice in front of the net. Then he waved at the puck twice and missed twice. Brutal. What is this bunker people speak of? Is it a place for his fans to seek refuge or a place for the rest of us to survive a dystopic world where he's one of the linchpins in our first Cup championship?

Also -- Barkov's roofer in the shootout was remarkable. I don't think I've seen the top twine bulge like that.

That was weak, Bogo.  Yuck.

Whew. It's not me.

Only 14 opponent attempts in eight shootouts?

I know, right? I didn't go back and look at each one but in at least two of them the other team didn't even need the 3rd shooter to win the SO. 

Of course 0 for 6 is a bad run and I expect some regression to the mean coming but our shooters are now 3 for 14 with one of those goals from Cal O'Reilly. Okposo leads at 0 for 5.

Frankly speaking we are lucky to have won one of the 6 shootouts thus far. 

We've been in 6 shootouts, lost 5 of them. Those 8 losses include shootout losses and regular OTL

While I wish my thinking was along the lines of Sakman's response, I am once again ignorant of how the standings work. Give me wins, losses and ties, dag-nammit. That's what we had in the old days AND WE LIKED IT. A tie was kissing your sister.

How many shootout goals have the Sabres scored this season? I completely understand that Lehner is just plain awful. I mean he is freaking terrible. Just plain revolting. He stinks on ice! But man, our shooters blow too.

I can think of one shootout goal only, and that's from O'Reilly, Cal O'Reilly.

While I wish my thinking was along the lines of Sakman's response, I am once again ignorant of how the standings work. Give me wins, losses and ties, dag-nammit. That's what we had in the old days AND WE LIKED IT. A tie was kissing your sister.

I would like to see 10 minutes of 3-on-3. If neither team can score during that time, it's a well earned tie. Point a piece. I feel this way regardless of the Sabres struggles this year and last. It just makes more sense to me and would be significantly more exciting.

I can think of one shootout goal only, and that's from O'Reilly, Cal O'Reilly.

Samson has scored twice (2/5 on the year I think). The rest have come up blank other than Cal's snipe you mentioned.

Preach it, Brother.

I don't have a sister, but ... oh, well ...  :flirt:

Disco better spend all practice time on shoot out drills for the shooters and the goalers.

I hate the shoot out, but since it is here to stay and the Sabres stink at it (bot ways) they better be working on it.

Yup.  so with 51 games left, they need to do that 5 more times to get 65 more points and they will have 97 points.  1 game to spare in case of emergencies.  

Huh. So DeLuca .500 from here on out will land them in the playoffs? That'd work for me.

If they do that five more times, their final record will be

37-22-23

I've never seen a record like that

They really need to just win some goddamn games

Agree with both of those sentiments.

We actually gained ground on Boston last night with the point (I'm really not standings-watching closely yet, though - plenty of teams are going to nose dive and plenty more will bust off winning streaks, we just hope ours does the latter)

Lost ground to Florida and Tampa. 

I bet the wild card spot looks a lot more in-play in March than it does right now, so I don't think we should forget about that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.