GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers 7:30 PM EST 12/20/2016

The Dominator

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I arbitrarily give this post a minus. Better work to raise your value, or you'll be forever labeled a negative value poster.

good to see you're not changing.

Hold your score, Russian judge, until I translate it into English.

Oooh. Spicy.

Yep, he's a -7.

Wait, that doesn't mean anything, it's his D partners fault right?!  Or maybe he's playing against really good players, let's cut him some slack!  

Check out your boy Tyson Barrie's +/-, I'm pretty sure it's terrible. :P

I'm still waiting on the Bazinga for the longest running joke in Sabrespace history

That pi has an epic troll going on that spans multiple topics, from Matthews to Moulson to +/- and many things in between?

He forgot how to play hockey this year, obviously. Or perhaps more pertinent to Pi's philosophy: he signed a big contract and stopped caring about playing well.

Whatever the reason is, he honestly looks awful. I used to love him but I'm glad we never gave up assets to get him. He wouldn't make this team better at ES and our power play is more than fine

Me too. I love when people refuse to learn because it goes against what they always thought to be true. It's the best.

Me too. I love when people refuse to acknowledge someone else's opinion because they falsely believe their own opinion is fact. It's the best.

Check out your boy Tyson Barrie's +/-, I'm pretty sure it's terrible. :P

That pi has an epic troll going on that spans multiple topics, from Matthews to Moulson to +/- and many things in between?

Tyson Barrie broke my heart.  I didn't view him as the type of player who would pack it in after acquiring financial security.    I was wrong about him.

That said Risto is a +6 over his last 7 games, which is an exciting development, I hope he's turned the corner.    It's been two weeks since he's finished a game in the red.

Me too. I love when people refuse to acknowledge someone else's opinion because they falsely believe their own opinion is fact. It's the best.

Tyson Barrie broke my heart.  I didn't view him as the type of player who would pack it in after acquiring financial security.    I was wrong about him.

That said Risto is a +6 over his last 7 games, which is an exciting development, I hope he's turned the corner.    It's been two weeks since he's finished a game in the red.

Do you watch Tyson? He tries very hard. He's not packing it in at all. He's just not a great hockey player off of the power play, and is on the worst team in the league, and that stuff weighs on a guy. 

What's your measure of whether a player is "packing it in"? Is that plus minus too?

Do you watch Tyson? He tries very hard. He's not packing it in at all. He's just not a great hockey player off of the power play, and is on the worst team in the league, and that stuff weighs on a guy. 

What's your measure of whether a player is "packing it in"? Is that plus minus too?

Just because he's trying hard during games doesn't mean he put in the time or effort off the ice to properly prepare for the season.    

I'm sure the prospect of a lucrative contract drives many young players to spend hours in the gym during the offseason.   Once that incentive is removed, it's a huge mental hurdle to get over... having the self-discipline to continue doing what got you there, or even taking it to the next level.    

Is that what happened with Tyson?   I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.    

There's a fine line when it comes to fitness and conditioning in the NHL.   When you tire physically you make mental mistakes.    The slightest drop in fitness can have a severely negative impact.    It's no coincidence the best players in the league are also the guys who train the hardest.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.