Reinhart quietly has the best net-front presence of any Sabre since __________.

That Aud Smell

52 members have voted

1. 1. Since?

• Dave Andreychuck
    • Chris Gratton
    • JP Dumont
    • Thomas Vanek

Duda, i think it is perfectly reasonable to think we should be eventually move Sam back to center as our third center.

However, I somewhat disagree that Sam can't be a very good winger long-term. We have seen him be effective as a net front presence and now as a playmaker. This isn't to different then Patrick Kane. Im not saying Samson is as good or will be as good as Kane, but he has many of the same attributes.

That said, if we can get 20+ goal type performance from guys like Nylander, Bailey, and Baptiste, moving Sam to 3rd center could be a luxury we can afford.

I really like Bailey and Baptiste, but I don't think that they will develop into consistent 20 goal scorers.  Nylander, on the other hand, I would be very surprised if he isn't.

Duda, i think it is perfectly reasonable to think we should be eventually move Sam back to center as our third center.

However, I somewhat disagree that Sam can't be a very good winger long-term. We have seen him be effective as a net front presence and now as a playmaker. This isn't to different then Patrick Kane. Im not saying Samson is as good or will be as good as Kane, but he has many of the same attributes.

That said, if we can get 20+ goal type performance from guys like Nylander, Bailey, and Baptiste, moving Sam to 3rd center could be a luxury we can afford.

Sam would be a very good winger. But his abilities wouldn't be best maximized there. The idea is that he can become a great centre, but probably only a very good winger.

Sam Reinhart has the brains and the hands be an elite centre, somewhere between Bergeron and Sedin.

He does not have the skill set to be an elite winger; he lacks the size, speed and shot. His upside on the wing isn't much more than we see now, sort of a better Brad Boyes, a Thomas Vanek without the shot, but with some defence.

I have no time for "but who's going to be on the third line?" rigid arguments. The best Sabres team in the past 20 years had Drury, Briere and Connolly on different lines. What's wrong with the option of having an elite player out every shift?

Kyle and Ryan; Jack and Alex; Sam and Evander. Let those guys roll.

Mix and match the best of Carrier, Fasching, Baptiste, Bailey, Rodrigues, Pu, Asplund, Larsson, Foligno and Girgensons into the other six spots around them

If there's one thing I want to die a horrible death, it's the top-6 bottom-6 dichotomy, where anything other than top-6 is considered where the lesser talent belongs. Phil Kessel was Pittsburgh's third best forward...a top-3 forward, if you will. He played on the "third" line.

post-deadline, after team admits this is not a playoff year, Reinhart should center 3rd line and populate the wings with Rochester talent (Carrier, Bailey, Baptiste and maybe give Fasching a look)

If our top 3 centers were Eichel - ROR - Reinhart -- that would definitely be SC contending quality

Until one of Carrier, Bailey, Fasching, or Nylander is a better winger than Samson, he'll probably be there.

I suspect that Nylander will be with the Sabres next season and Samson will be moved to centre permanently.  Well, maybe suspect is not the right word, as it is only what I want to happen.  All bets are off with what the Sabres will do.

I suspect that Nylander will be with the Sabres next season and Samson will be moved to centre permanently. Well, maybe suspect is not the right word, as it is only what I want to happen. All bets are off with what the Sabres will do.

Alex just hasn't shown much in the A. I'm hoping he takes a big leap next season.

Until one of Carrier, Bailey, Fasching, or Nylander is a better winger than Samson, he'll probably be there.

Almost certainly true while Bylsma is here, but I would argue that our line-up would still be best maximized with Sam at centre, even if the winger shuffling in upon Sam's move isn't as good as he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.