GMTM's thoughts on Rookie Development Camp

inkman

GMTM said paraphrasing he could see Nylander on a line with Jack and Sam... hmmm... this year.

I don't think I would like to see this.  I love Nylander skill and potential but he needs a Sam Reinhart OHL/AHL year to build up some muscle to survive in the NHL IMO.  Only a prospect game but what I saw there and what I saw of him in the O, I don't think he's physically there to be thrown in the NHL.  Longer term (read a year or two from now) I think he's going to be a hell of a top 6 skill forward.

Willman, ps anyone think Nylander comments are not so subtle motivation to Vesey.

I thought this too, but then I kinda moved towards thinking it might've been more a message to the team -- i.e. something like "we want Vesey but let's not act like he's our only option in the top 6 -- we've got Nylander too."

I would espouse that he return to Sweden, tune up for the WJC with Asplund. Go to Rochester after Christmas and be ready for a call up if we are poised to make the playoffs. If not he can help the Amerks try and win a Calder. Him coming up in February or March would be like a deadline move.

Unless he blows my doors off in preseason, this would be my preferred path for him as well. The experience for him and flexibility for us is really the best of all worlds.

I don't think I would like to see this.  I love Nylander skill and potential but he needs a Sam Reinhart OHL/AHL year to build up some muscle to survive in the NHL IMO.  Only a prospect game but what I saw there and what I saw of him in the O, I don't think he's physically there to be thrown in the NHL.  Longer term (read a year or two from now) I think he's going to be a hell of a top 6 skill forward.

Completely agree with this. I think he gets run over if he's in the NHL right away.

I think the Sabres should take advantage of Nylander's AHL eligibility and put him there to develop to start the season. If he's playing great give him a call up, if he's playing well and there's an injury in the top 6 give him another call up. Otherwise let him play in the AHL and develop.

GMTM said paraphrasing he could see Nylander on a line with Jack and Sam... hmmm... this year.

I definitely think if Vessey falls through Nylander is who he potentially sees as the winger for them.

I think the Sabres should take advantage of Nylander's AHL eligibility and put him there to develop to start the season. If he's playing great give him a call up, if he's playing well and there's an injury in the top 6 give him another call up. Otherwise let him play in the AHL and develop.

agree. We still have Ennis, I forgot about him.

Looking at dev camp, the scrimmage and the french connection cup.

I'm amazed on how much talent we got in the system, there are some underrated late round picks that are developing nicely.

For this year I was pleasantly surprised with Glotov, Chukerov and Hagel, will be interesting to see how these kids grow.

Our farm looks great :D

Was also interesting to hear that GMTM thought the intensity and compete level was lacking with the younger guys.

There was a distinct difference between, the "vets" bailey, carier, baptiste and the others.

I'm amazed on how much talent we got in the system, there are some underrated late round picks that are developing nicely.

For this year I was pleasantly surprised with Glotov, Chukerov and Hagel, will be interesting to see how these kids grow.

Our farm looks great :DWas also interesting to hear that GMTM thought the intensity and compete level was lacking with the younger guys.

There was a distinct difference between, the "vets" bailey, carier, baptiste and the others.

Sure seems like they have stocked the pond with a competitive pool of talent while they have also acquired elite players. Just worried about the defense a little

Our farm looks great :D

Was also interesting to hear that GMTM thought the intensity and compete level was lacking with the younger guys.

It's an important year for Rochester.   They need to be better, much better.     Most of the kids GMTM drafted are still playing juniors or NCAA, but some are old enough now to play pro, so it will be interesting to see how guys like Cornel, Karabacek, Olofsson transition to north american pro hockey.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.