Round 3, Pick 86, D Casey Fitzgerald, Boston College.

Eleven

He's from the same town Vesey was born in and is a family friend.  If this pick was wasted to woo Vesey, I'd be very disappointed.  It looks like he played up a bit at BC.  Especially with Cederholm who is a superior prospect.  I could be wrong. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

He's from the same town Vesey was born in and is a family friend.  If this pick was wasted to woo Vesey, I'd be very disappointed.  It looks like he played up a bit at BC.  Especially with Cederholm who is a superior prospect.  I could be wrong.

Murray just likes his upside, that's it.

Don't know much about him, but 4g 23a and +27 is pretty good freshman season.

Actually like what I'm reading about him: http://toomanymenonthesite.com/2016/03/05/boston-college-d-casey-fitzgerald-draft-eligible-prospects-with-nhl-bloodlines/

Ryan Kennedy via The Hockey News,

Call it a stereotype, but Fitzgerald has a certain scrappiness that makes sense for a 5-foot-11, 186-pound kid from New England.

“I pride myself on my defense,” he said. “I’m a smaller guy, but I try to play like I’m 6-foot-5. I also take pride in my first pass – make sure it’s hard and tape-to-tape.”

“I have great resources,” (Casey) Fitzgerald said. “Any change I get I ask them for tips, it’s been a lot easier with them on my side.”

Fitzgerald does pretty much everything quick on the ice, from his skating to his puckhandling. He’ll also step up quick and throw hits on bigger players, which gets back to that scrappy factor.

If everything was the same but he was 6'2", this would look like a great pick.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.