Flyers and their fans: yes, they are still repulsive

blugold43

It is amazing how they cling to the bully myth after all these years, and how ugly it looks in today's game. 

Two awful, vile head shots (yes, the hit on Orpik was pure filth too), followed by booing a seriously injured victim of one of them and throwing garbage at the other.  And then the coup de grace...the flood of crap on the ice that was so bad it had to be penalized...happily resulting in another goal for Washington.

Thank god the Caps sent those azzholes home quiet, and I can't wait to send pictures of brooms around to all the Flyer fans I know on Thursday.

It's also possible they know a dive when they see one.

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

I think he was trying to get a call and got more than he bargained for. There was just no reason for him to turn in that direction and not play either the man or the puck.

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

I think he was trying to get a call and got more than he bargained for. There was just no reason for him to turn in that direction and not play either the man or the puck.

The crawl-away was a nice WWF touch.

Mmmmm, oatmeal-raisin!

This is likely my most dearly held hope for the Sabres in 2017.

Eh. I could see us winning a few rounds. Have faith, my friend

The Funk?

I misspoke - mistyped. "Most dearly held hope" is far too strong.

It is, though, what I reasonably hope that Sabres can do next season - sneak in as a WC and then likely get bounced in the first round.

I misspoke - mistyped. "Most dearly held hope" is far too strong.

It is, though, what I reasonably hope that Sabres can do next season - sneak in as a WC and then likely get bounced in the first round.

I still think we take a divisional spot. Boston, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa could all easily miss. Tampa could have a huge decline if Stamkos walks, and Montreal is 1 Price injury away from the worst team in the league. We're taking a divisional spot

I really respect Wayne Simmonds after last night. I saw him mouth "effing embarrassing" on the bench, and he tried to get the crowd to stop throwing stuff, and seemed like the only one interested in doing so. He also seemed to be the only flyer that was interested in winning that game.

I still think we take a divisional spot. Boston, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa could all easily miss. Tampa could have a huge decline if Stamkos walks, and Montreal is 1 Price injury away from the worst team in the league. We're taking a divisional spot

Really tough for me to predict anything like this before the draft and free agency

I love the PA announcer chastising that mob. 

Two of the more horrible things to come out of that fracas last night-

Moments after getting to the bench after his brain rattling hit, Orlov gets pelted in the head by one of those bracelets. Utter sh!t. Way to take something cool (the bracelets, watch the pre-game ceremony, it's actually pretty neat) and ruin it.

And the Orpik hit. Guy is gone. I hope his career didn't just end last night. But it's not just the hit, that's for another thread. The fans are booing and jeering and being utter sh!theads as this guy is being dragged off the ice in a near comatose state. Classless. Just crappy human beings. Any other fanbase (I'd like to think) would probably hush when it became clear everything was not OK. Not those animals last night.

Disgraceful. 

I still think we take a divisional spot. Boston, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa could all easily miss. Tampa could have a huge decline if Stamkos walks, and Montreal is 1 Price injury away from the worst team in the league. We're

taking a divisional spot

PREACH!

I really respect Wayne Simmonds after last night. I saw him mouth "effing embarrassing" on the bench, and he tried to get the crowd to stop throwing stuff, and seemed like the only one interested in doing so. He also seemed to be the only flyer that was interested in winning that game.

Really tough for me to predict anything like this before the draft and free agency

Good eye.

And the Orpik hit. Guy is gone. I hope his career didn't just end last night. But it's not just the hit, that's for another thread. The fans are booing and jeering and being utter sh!theads as this guy is being dragged off the ice in a near comatose state. Classless. Just crappy human beings. Any other fanbase (I'd like to think) would probably hush when it became clear everything was not OK. Not those animals last night.

I'm a pretty staunch believer in "people are people, no matter where you go." The idea being: The commonality among human beings is remarkably overwhelming, and the talk of significant differences among groups is pretty over-blown.

Then you've got that scene last night, and I re-think that whole proposition.

Edit: I just went to watch it. Was the Philly crowd out of line there? I didn't hear too much. Maybe it depends on the feed.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Is there history in Philly with Orpik? It's not hard to imagine Chris Neil getting booed in Buffalo in a similar situation.

That hit was pretty much every hit Pat Kaleta ever laid. Still, pretty incredible there was no charging called.

And look at Smell go with the prescriptive tendency!

Is there history in Philly with Orpik? It's not hard to imagine Chris Neil getting booed in Buffalo in a similar situation.

That hit was pretty much every hit Pat Kaleta ever laid. Still, pretty incredible there was no charging called.

Orpik (I assume the same one) was a long-time Pen. Of all the hockey teams Philly fans hate, I think the Pens are #1. I'm not sure if that nuance is in there, or if it's just "me like smashy players".

I'm a pretty staunch believer in "people are people, no matter where you go." The idea being: The commonality among human beings is remarkably overwhelming, and the talk of significant differences among groups is pretty over-blown.

Then you've got that scene last night, and I re-think that whole proposition.

Edit: I just went to watch it. Was the Philly crowd out of line there? I didn't hear too much. Maybe it depends on the feed.

DAMMIT. That'll learn me to open up. I should remain closed tightly shut. Like Evander.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.