2016 IHFF World Championships

Brawndo

When does it start? Tv coverage?

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=881643

The 2016 IIHF World Championship is set to kick off in Russia on Friday and the Buffalo Sabres will be well represented with five players in the tournament. Hudson Fasching and Jake McCabe will play for Team USA, Ryan O'Reilly and Sam Reinhart for Canada and Zemgus Girgensons for Latvia.

With all five of those players set to take the ice when the tournament begins with two games at 9 a.m. EST on Friday – the U.S. and Canada will square off in St. Petersburg (live on NBC Sports Network) while Latvia begins its tournament against Sweden – here's a quick look at what to watch for from a Sabres perspective.

McCabe's injury:

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/728579733617782784/photo/1

Btw: HOW on earth did I not know who Stephanie Vail was before this?! I BLAME ALL OF YOU! Shame on ALL OF YOU.

10. Stephanie Vail No person on social media publishes more highlights and stories on a regular basis than Stephanie does on her twitter feed @myregularface. She is now creating content for NHL teams and for her lengthy list of followers.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-shannons-top-25-nhl-power-brokers/

McCabe's injury:

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/728579733617782784/photo/1

Btw: HOW on earth did I not know who Stephanie Vail was before this?! I BLAME ALL OF YOU! Shame on ALL OF YOU.

10. Stephanie Vail No person on social media publishes more highlights and stories on a regular basis than Stephanie does on her twitter feed @myregularface. She is now creating content for NHL teams and for her lengthy list of followers.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-shannons-top-25-nhl-power-brokers/

Yeah, I have no idea how you don't know if if you're on Hockey Twitter at all, haha

It's all patchwork, though, for me.

Is there a site out there that names the 20 (40?) "must" Hockey Twitter follows?

Not that I know of.  I have just added ppl over the years. Started with Dreger and some other reporters, most NHL teams (Kings Twitter) and then have added beat writers and other folks in the know.

It's all patchwork, though, for me.

Is there a site out there that names the 20 (40?) "must" Hockey Twitter follows?

Not that I know of.  I have just added ppl over the years. Started with Dreger and some other reporters, most NHL teams (Kings Twitter) and then have added beat writers and other folks in the know.

Yeah, make sure you do Dreger and McKensie. Craig Custance is good from ESPN, though most of his articles are Insider only (which I have). Greg Wyshinski is an ass, but funny usually. @RegressedPDO is good if you're into the analytics thing. For Locals I follow all the WGR guys, especially Matthew Coller and P-Ham, plus Kris Baker, who's the sabres prospect guy. That'll give you a jump, they'll retweet people all the time who are interestng follows.

PS, get ready to have the same thing reported 15 times in a row on your feed by different people. 

"Corey Perry signs new contract with the Ducks"

"Its official: Perry sticking with Duck for 6 more years"

"New contract for Corey Perry; well deserved."

etc.

PPS. McCabe is back out there for the US

Edited by sabills

Yeah - I've got those cats listed above, for sure.

Funny that I missed Vail until now.

All praise for the return of McCabe. Would've hated to hear that he's out 4-6 months with a wrecked shoulder.

Not to mention, now we can laugh at how awkward that fall was without feeling bad.

Meanwhile, ROR doing ROR things.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Beautiful assist by Matthews on that Canada goal.

If there is an upside for TO winning the lotto its that we get to steal their savior for all International events. Eichel first line center and Matthews second line center for the US for a decade and I'll be a happy man.

If there is an upside for TO winning the lotto its that we get to steal their savior for all International events. Eichel first line center and Matthews second line center for the US for a decade and I'll be a happy man.

You mean Matthews 1st line center and Eichel 4th line center, right? ;)

I just don't see this kid ever living up to expectations.    

I know you don't :P I'm really not there with you though. My comment was picking on him, but it was an elite defensive play, and he looked very impressive otherwise. I think he transitioned to WHC play smoother than Eichel did in his first game of the tournament last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.