End of Year Press Conference

WildCard

This isn't working for you?

It's starting right now

With it, without a doubt, the worst audio I've ever been subjected to. If anyone has a better stream that isn't the official nhl.com one, I'll be so happy

It's just buffering over and over and there is no audio for me

I don't mean this to be unkind, but I do hope that Paul Hamilton starts to take better care of himself. Dude looks uncomfortably swollen.

GM TM is *so* candid, and, as a result, regularly says stuff that could be construed as a little sh1tty. But I don't fault him for it. I appreciate the candor.

Just now, in talking about Chad Johnson, he said he (GM TM) has interest in having him back, that Johnson is interested in being back in Buffalo (provided the money's equal), but, GM TM continued, "it only takes one desperate team" to perceive Johnson as a #1 based on what he did this year (which GM TM clearly intimated is not the case) and for the money that Buffalo will offer to be insufficient to keep him here.

GM TM says that, as for Ennis, the injury and time away may have the effect of making him a more serious and committed player. He attributed recent statements to Ennis to the effect that he used to be a bit casual when it came to practice, and that he now has a deeper understanding of how committed he must be in order to succeed, and GM TM pretty clearly said that this would be a welcome development for Ennis.

GM TM says that Eichel is key as a recruiter because he'll very soon be among the very best players (centers) in the league, and if you're a winger looking for a landing spot, it helps to have #15 on our team.

Good call. Weird that no one has asked them about any of those topics. 

It's so frustrating

GMTM says Jack is foregoing World's in Moscow, and is living alone this summer in order to, to phrase it as accurate as possible, go into Rocky mode

Good call. Weird that no one has asked them about any of those topics. 

Hoppe asks about COR (waived today), Franson, and McCormick.

Really? No draft talk? No asking about Stamkos?

They can't answer any questions about Stamkos anyway.

p.s. GM TM did say at outset that the two things he'd like to add for next year are (1) better luck with health (long talk about Lehner) and (2) a QB type d-man (said it would be like a Christmas gift if one were to fall from the sky, so he's not sure he can deliver on that).

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.