End of Year Press Conference

WildCard

They'll be accused of tampering.

Stamkos is under contract to the Tampa Lightning until July 1. The Sabres general manager can't say anything prior to that about Buffalo's interest because that is tampering.

Ah gotcha. Thanks

Sakic!?  :wub:  :angel:

God I hope so. Or, Arizona

'Young players have to learn how to win'  :wub:  :worthy:

Good question on what it means to pick at 8,9, or 10, given where the team is at.

GM TM ends up talking about how he does not believe in momentum from one season to the next, but he does believe in the need for young players to learn how to win and that this team was second in 3rd period comebacks.

"I don't think if I trade that pick, I could get a high back end top guy." Roughly what he said. This to me indicates he is taking a defender

Yup. Combine this with his praise earlier about our 'high end' forwards and talented forward group coming up

Murray has a good indication from Newport Sports whether Buffalo has a realistic shot in the Stamkos Sweeps

You lost me

GM TM was very funny talking about how Bylsma (?) and others (the coaching staff, I infer) are much (MUCH) chattier than him when they go for beers -- said they have their "little games", they "sing jingles", and he sits there "with his arms crossed", but it's all good because they're together in the same room.

He's so delightfully strange, and honest.

Sounds like no Stamkos anyways. If anything, Yandle is our FA fish

Agreed. The only potential player acquisition he talked about was a QB d-man. 

GM TM was very funny talking about how Bylsma (?) and others (the coaching staff, I infer) are much (MUCH) chattier than him when they go for beers -- said they have their "little games", they "sing jingles", and he sits there "with his arms crossed", but it's all good because they're together in the same room.

He's so delightfully strange, and honest.

Agreed. The only potential player acquisition he talked about was a QB d-man. 

That would be a hell of a room to sit in on

Depends on a lot of things.

Short of him being offered a deal where he can land an OEL/Barrie, I really doubt it. Everything he said in that presser sounds like we're keeping our pick; from the availability of trading it for a young QB d-man to the fact that we're hosting the draft

Yup. Combine this with his praise earlier about our 'high end' forwards and talented forward group coming up

You lost me

Sorry Wild, I was responding to your statement that it doesn't sound like the Sabres are in the Stamkos Stakes. I figure if he wants to be in them, Stamkos Agents at Newport Sports would have told him where the Sabres stand.

Sorry Wild, I was responding to your statement that it doesn't sound like the Sabres are in the Stamkos Stakes. I figure if he wants to be in them, Stamkos Agents at Newport Sports would have told him where the Sabres stand.

Ah gotcha

Sounds like we will be talking to Caligula's agent this week. Hope we get him.

We can promise him his own Duff's atop a hill top, with blackjack and hookers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.