Lehner has Ankle Surgery Out for Season

Brawndo

Hasn't Ullmark been struggling recently in Rochester? And with all of his flopping around in the crease, I guess I'm hesitant to declare him the savior.

He hasn't been fantastic, but I still have a ton of faith in him. He reads the puck excellently through traffic, and his mobility got a lot better as the year went on

Why does it have to be one vs. the other?  I'm confident that at least one of them will pan out.

It doesn't, but many seem to be much more willing to give Ullmark and his issues the benefit of the doubt than Lehner and his issues, which is what I really don't understand. I'm skeptical of both.

It doesn't, but many seem to be much more willing to give Ullmark and his issues the benefit of the doubt than Lehner and his issues, which is what I really don't understand. I'm skeptical of both.

Ullmark is a younger, unknown talent who's only glimpses in every league have been very good, besides Rochester. Lehner cost a first rounder, has been hurt almost this entire year, and is a little older with good stats but nothing that will blow you away; we pretty much know what we're getting in Lehner

Ullmark is a younger, unknown talent who's only glimpses in every league have been very good, besides Rochester. Lehner cost a first rounder, has been hurt almost this entire year, and is a little older with good stats but nothing that will blow you away; we pretty much know what we're getting in Lehner

I don't believe that to be the case. I believe the floor has been shown, but the ceiling (if there is one) is still unknown. The entirety of what we saw from him was done while battling injury.

Still hoping it turns out the Sabres have the Swedish equivalent of Price & Halak; but right now neither has proven to even be Neuvirth. Halak seems to be a reasonable projection for each at this point. Waaay too small a sample size to say Price on either.

W/ only 5 games to go, would be shocked to see Ullmark up barring an injury/illness.

Colin White 36gp 19g 23a 42 for Boston College. That is who The Sens took with the Lehner pick. Bowser went 2 picks later. After Samsonov.

I don't think we would have drafted Samsonov and Boeser was and still is higher on my list than White. I suppose it doesn't matter. 

Chad is the only proven 'known' on the team, with a career save percentage equivalent to the top goaltenders. And he'll be the last one to get a chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.