GDT Sabres at Toronto 3/19/16 7PM MSG WGR

Brawndo

Funny thing is, the roles were reversed last year and this put the leafs in rebuild mode.

I'm drunk right now and we all wanted to see is an easy win, but we are rebuilding and this is a nice reality check I guess.

I am amused that you qualified your post with this :lol:

The boys just looked tired today. Or like they weren't into it.

Well, sounds like I made a good choice in skipping this game tonight. Did we play as bad as the score indicates?

Worse, 3rd game in 4 days, without Jack, they looked tired, lost every loose puck and they couldn't generate anything. Even the first period where they held a 1-0 lead they were badly outplayed. Their #1 weakness was exposed, speed and with tired legs it made it look even worse. The young kids of Toronto aren't that bad either. They may well be on the rebound faster than some think but then again as badly as we played, you never know.

Worse, 3rd game in 4 days, without Jack, they looked tired, lost every loose puck and they couldn't generate anything. Even the first period where they held a 1-0 lead they were badly outplayed. Their #1 weakness was exposed, speed and with tired legs it made it look even worse. The young kids of Toronto aren't that bad either. They may well be on the rebound faster than some think but then again as badly as we played, you never know.

Yeah I went through the thread briefly and 'slow' and 'tired' were the impressions I got. We're slow on the back end as it is, something the first Edmonton game badly exposed, and without our best offensive threat and 3/4 games/day, that's just not a good combination

Worst game this year, I think easily. Quite a bad performance against the worst team in the league.

But according to Rob Ray the Sabres "were flying tonight". He said it on more than one occasion. Not sure which game he was watching.  Is it possible he is the worst analyst ever?

No Eichel = low Sabrespace turnout? Only 4 pages. :blink:

All kidding aside, Buffalo went from possibly their best game of the season to their worst. The Sabres looked nothing like they did in the Senators game. Yes, Eichel did not play, but there shouldn't be a complete 180...

Edited by GoPre

Good game to miss, sounds like.

Eichel out with a 24 hour "flu" (this is your annual reminder that this sort of "flu" is not influenza, but rather a g.i. based virus) and Reinhart with ToI in line with Foligno.

I wonder if the two rookie 20 goal scorers celebrated a bit after the Ott'wa game. Possibly making Eichel's injury an "Irish" flu.

OTOH, it is very possible that he picked up something at chez Moulson.

In any event, I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

But according to Rob Ray the Sabres "were flying tonight". He said it on more than one occasion. Not sure which game he was watching.  Is it possible he is the worst analyst ever?

I'm sure there is someone in junior high with a podcast that is much, much worse. Not sure why they don't try and bring in Marty, everyone loves him.

No Eichel = low Sabrespace turnout? Only 4 pages. :blink:

All kidding aside, Buffalo went from possibly their best game of the season to their worst. The Sabres looked nothing like they did in the Senators game. Yes, Eichel did not play, but there shouldn't be a complete 180...

There was a lot going on last night. I know I was trying to watch the NCAA wrestling finals, some people were probably catching some college basketball, and there was a real-time documentary on how grass grows, which promised more action than this game.

Good game to miss, sounds like.

Eichel out with a 24 hour "flu" (this is your annual reminder that this sort of "flu" is not influenza, but rather a g.i. based virus) and Reinhart with ToI in line with Foligno.

I wonder if the two rookie 20 goal scorers celebrated a bit after the Ott'wa game. Possibly making Eichel's injury an "Irish" flu.

OTOH, it is very possible that he picked up something at chez Moulson.

In any event, I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Undercooked Totino's can do it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.