GDT: Edmonton @ Buffalo, 7:30 pm est, 3-1-2016

WildCard

You got that right.

This is why I'm in tank mode now.

We need way more pieces.

True. But we're 60 games removed from two of the worst seasons in recent memory for any franchise. A handful of better pieces. Improvement/aging for existing pieces. But we're on our way.

The PP and PK have improved.

At the all-star break I was hoping for an even or plus GF/GA differential for the rest of the season. Then O'Reilly got hurt....  The improvement 5 on 5 is critical next season.

True. But we're 60 games removed from two of the worst seasons in recent memory for any franchise. A handful of better pieces. Improvement/aging for existing pieces. But we're on our way.

The PP and PK have improved.

At the all-star break I was hoping for an even or plus GF/GA differential for the rest of the season. Then O'Reilly got hurt....  The improvement 5 on 5 is critical next season.

For sure we have improved, but what we have now + maturation does not equal the team we are all waiting for.

We need more.

For sure we have improved, but what we have now + maturation does not equal the team we are all waiting for.

We need more.

Fully agree. We still need a top-line scoring winger and a top-pairing defenseman. And the experience of the kids growing. I expect we get one of those two with a top-...what-... top-six pick this offseason? Trade for the other? But we can't get every piece all at once.

I don't think so, McDavid is going to be Gretzky like I have a feeling. The fact that Buffalo lost out on that does pretty much suck any way you look at it.....

The gap between McDavid and Eichel is quite large.

Much bigger than I thought it was.

I'm aware. McDavid is on the right wall. Eichel should be on the left, and he never is, despite our success when he's there. It sucks seeing one star being put where he's supposed to, is what I'm saying.

I know, man, I think you're dead on.

I'm aware. McDavid is on the right wall. Eichel should be on the left, and he never is, despite our success when he's there. It sucks seeing one star being put where he's supposed to, is what I'm saying.

They'll put him there when we sign stamkos.

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.