GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

I feel this was a different win.  It really inspired progress and why we went through the tank last year.  Not a watershed moment neccesarily, but different.

Let's see how they do the rest of the way.  But if they look like this Sunday and play consistently well the rest of the season, I think we'll point back to this particular game as the watershed moment.

True, but this is what this season is all about, we are seeing the seeds of this team grow.

We are all loving it :D

Indeed.

Didn't get to post while watching like usual, but you guys were on your games tonight, I had a blast catching up after the game :lol: 

Eich was flying, everyone played well. True said that Kane doesn't ever see a shot he doesn't like; that was my reasoning for thinking initially that he had scored Legwand's goal. 

When Lehner is on, I've never seen a Sabres goalie inspire confidence like that. Even when those crazy save sequences were going, I was convinced there was no chance a puck gets behind him, and none did. The fire he shows is freaking amazing. I hope he's our guy for a long time. 

Fun one to watch. These games are going to happen more and more often. 

Oh, and it was awesome how Jack Johnson suddenly was totally distracted by something far away as soon as he realized Lehner was ready to go. 

When Lehner is on, I've never seen a Sabres goalie inspire confidence like that. Even when those crazy save sequences were going, I was convinced there was no chance a puck gets behind him, and none did.

Yeah, I've had that feeling for a while now too.  You just don't worry when Lehner's in net.  Yeah I know he had a blow-up or two and looked terrible, but like you said, when he's on... amazing.  And he's just starting.

I know since the trade I've been thinking "What if Lehner wasn't worth a first?". But man, what if he IS worth a first. The guy has been more than solid since getting here.

I've been trying to make this point all along , but he still has a lot to prove.   He will have his bad moments still, but man he is got the fire within to win.

He is now getting the fan base behind him, seems more murray knew what he was doing :D

Regarding Lehner.  The last Sabres goalie that inspired me in the same way is Tom Barrasso.  His attitude was, "How dare you shoot, let alone think you can score on me".  Lehner takes it a step further by saying, "How dare you shoot on me, I must now beat you down."

Regarding Lehner.  The last Sabres goalie that inspired me in the same way is Tom Barrasso.  His attitude was, "How dare you shoot, let alone think you can score on me".  Lehner takes it a step further by saying, "How dare you shoot on me, I must now beat you down."

Get a scary and fast guy to be on Risto's left and we'll have a nightmarish trio in the D-zone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.