GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm est, 2-11-2016

WildCard

I don't get the logic here. Head shots existed when fighting was much more prevalent. Why didn't fighting serve as a deterrent then? And we still have fighting. An instigator penalty, especially late in a blowout, is hardly going to stop anyone. It didn't stop McCabe. The league has to be the one to handle it. No one should have any confidence that will happen -- yet. I look at it as one thing at a time.

Would that hit have happened if John Scott (or similar type player) were on the team?

Fights are a fraction of what they were just a couple years ago and instigator penalties are why there isn't retaliation, especially in the playoffs. The coaches and players even say so.

Both hits were unnecessary garbage, but the first was worse. Dragging the leg is a lot worse than hitting a guy with his head down. Both penalties, both with the intent to cause harm, but the first hit was way more obvious that he was trying to do damage. 

I'll take a knee injury over a concussion any day.  You can't surgically repair brains. 

I thought we had enough big tough guys on the current roster (Ruff's soft-playing cream-puffs are history) that this wasn't an issue any more?  You need guys out there that payback cheap hits and respect good clean hits.  After a cheap hit - spear the guy in the GUT with the stick on his next shift or charge the goalie -  that will learn em fast!   Let em know we won't take it!!!

Horrible game.   The Goals Against have been brutal the past two games for the Sabres.   Every good goalie has a bad game -  but now we have 2 in a row for Lehner, 

His GAA for the past 2 seasons in Ottawa with 61 games played was 3.04.  With the last two stinkburger games his GAA is up to 2.95;  which aligns with his previous stats.  

Is a 3.0 GAA goalie good enough for a team planning on hitting the playoffs in 2017?  Or is he just filler until somebody better comes along?

I think the Marchand penalty shot unnerved him. He literally hasn't been the same goalie since.

GO SABRES!!!

I just don't get it. How do you not learn?

I am not good at predicting DoPS results. That said, I think Gudas is dealt with sternly. Only 9 weeks ago ...http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=890453&lang=en

Like I said, sternly. Man, you can take me to the BANK, baby ....

I think the Marchand penalty shot unnerved him. He literally hasn't been the same goalie since.

GO SABRES!!!

Same thought, here ... DeLuca mentioned it early on, too, when we were discussing the penalty shot.

Hasek for whatever Russian guy from Detroit?

Slava!

Justin Bailey was freaking fantastic in his debut.

Eichel is out of gas; the NHL schedule is catching up to him.

Lehner is still rattled from Marchant's penalty shot goal.

We are nicely poised for a big time sell off at the deadline and then a month or so of garbage...for a really, really high draft pick.

I'm in.

Who?

Yes.  It would have meant that no players would want to play here, ever.

And IIRC Hasek and agent drove down to Coudy and set the whole thing up with the Rigases. So Darcy probably would have been shitcanned had he not gone along. (I may also be misremembericating the whole thing.)

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/060101/pro_060101091.shtml#.VsCearlOkRx

And IIRC Hasek and agent drove down to Coudy and set the whole thing up with the Rigases. So Darcy probably would have been shitcanned had he not gone along. (I may also be misremembericating the whole thing.)

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/060101/pro_060101091.shtml#.VsCearlOkRx

I hadn't heard that detail before.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.