Sabres Showdown

WildCard

So I don't know if anyone's even seen this, but the Sabres are doing their own version of the ASG's Skills Competition. Here's a brief, 30s video preview

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/showdown-preview-12216/t-277437090/c-40693303

The team emailed me (I have no ###### clue how they got my email), so I signed up (literally just FN/LN and email) and made a bracket. I have Jack and ROR in the finals, with ROR winning. the contestants are ROR, Reinhart, Gionta, Kane, Risto, Eichel, Zemgus, and Ennis

Oh, and Marty Biron is the goalie

The competition airs February 9th, on MSG

Edited by WildCard

I'm actually really excited for this. I love the Skills Competition. It is literally a combine for our own team. I can have actual numbers on how hard they shoot, on how fast they are... yeah. Plus, it's fun as hell, and they clearly know which players we want to watch. So stoked for this

I'm actually really excited for this. I love the Skills Competition. It is literally a combine for our own team. I can have actual numbers on how hard they shoot, on how fast they are...###### yeah. Plus, it's fun as hell, and they clearly know which players we want to watch. So stoked for this

I wish it was just Gionta competing against his own scores.  Maybe bring back Matt Ellis, too.

I've noticed that the graphics they came up with for this make some pretty cool desktop wallpapers. I'm rotating between them right now. I attached one:

post-4556-0-24854800-1454482901_thumb.jpg

I can attach the others or see if I can find a link if anyone is interested

Edit: Might as well just post them, got them right from the main sabres.com site:

post-4556-0-45749700-1454483084_thumb.jpgpost-4556-0-57373600-1454483166_thumb.jpgpost-4556-0-80517200-1454483178_thumb.jpg

Got em from here: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=110583&cmpID=Showdown-bufSabr-Web-BrkgNews-965

Hardest shot => Jack

Accuracy => Jack or ROR

Breakaway => ROR

I forgot the rest of the events. Fastest? 

Just three events per match-up, no fastest skater (spoiler - it's Jack or Evander)

Edited by Thorny

You can watch the first one on the Sabres' website. It's only 5:33 long. Gonna call ###### on Ennis' breakaway attempts though. Zemgus had some absolutely filthy moves on his

I quite enjoyed it! It was pretty fun. Looking forward to the next installment. And you are correct on Zemgus pulling out some nice moves.

Gionta's accuracy drill puts the all-stars to shame. Next year is probably his last, let's John Scott him in! (kidding)

Kane was a good sport with it. Pretty funny.

Yup, Gionta was sick in the accuracy event. And Kane's got a pretty hard shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.