Sabres @ Rangers 1/25/16, 7:30 PM on NBCS

LGR4GM

Would you rather have Zads and O'Reilly, without Kane or Bogosian, and Myers an Avalanche?

No, I was never a big Zadorov guy. I think he got kind of a cult following because he had huge hits at a time when people were sick and tired of soft hockey, but I'd be pretty surprised if he turns into more than a #4, with a real chance at being more of a #5. I'd probably rather take a chance on him over Bogosian and his contract, but I'd prefer Kane. Kane isn't what I want him to be, but he's a legit top-6 player IMO.

Rewatching, Eichel made amazing plays on both of Girgensons' goals. Wow.

Yep.  Most games this year I;m just looking forward to watching Jack play.  Much like I used to watch the games to see Gil Perreault.

Just remind yourself of what it was like watching Myers and Stafford, and realize Kane will only get better.

I have a feeling what you see is what we're going to get from Kane.

Holy ###### do we need the AS break

Meh.

Foligno takes 5-seconds to get off a shot, Lundquist had time for an espresso.

:w00t:  Did you use your hourglass to time that?

Hard to judge any of our guys with a developing team.  Many complementary players are in roles that they are not meant for.  So I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe having some of our young guys playing bigger roles now will allow then to be better when they only have to be complementary in the future.

I have a feeling what you see is what we're going to get from Kane.

Meh.

Style wise, yes. But his sh% and other stats are his career worst. He'll get better, especially as Reinhart and Jack get better.

I say we need the ASG for McGinn and Reinhart to come back

Do we really need player interviews any more? What more are they going to say that the don't say after every other loss?

Seriously, it's terrible. 

Two points out of 30th, this was not expected. 

It has all the benefits of a tank, and an exciting season rolled into one. 

There will be lots of covering of tracks after this season from various posters, understandably. The record is somewhat predictable. To be so bad offensively... who saw that coming?

I would have to think there will be more "covering of tracks" at the Sabres' office if this continues, and covering of butts.  Sabres are now on a horrible 70 pt pace for the season, and just a point ahead of the worst team in the league.   That's with THE coach of the future,  a bunch of new talent,  and the first post-Tank season.  

I expected them to be 18-20th place in the league, and poised for a push to the playoffs in 2016-17,  not floundering at the bottom of the Atlantic,  like the Titanic.  

That Eich pass to Zemgus on his second goal was a beauty

Yep. The first one was even more brilliant. The second one was hands, the first one such creativity. Who does that?

The thing is, GMTM literally said this would happen, and he's right. The FO doesn't need to cover their tracks, they flat out told us what was going to happen

Link? Pics?

Yep. The first one was even more brilliant. The second one was hands, the first one such creativity. Who does that?

Hadn't seen the first one before posting. Let me look...

Wow. That was impressive. Nice move, shield the puck with the body and then make the play. Nice.

So disappointing to lose yet again but on the bright side Eichel and Girgs looked great together and even Moulson looked less like a zombie out there.

If I'm angry at anything it would have to be the refs on the softer calls against us yet our guys were hacked and slashed with nothing called from it. 

That and we have negative puck luck, that 4th goal was pure luck of  it hitting Bogo's stick and going directly and cleanly to Miller. And the first was a bit of a lucky bounce but at least Gionta's sorta cancels it out. 

Stop pulling the goalie, our offense looks inept with 6-5.

Eich and Girgs! :) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.