GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 7:00pm est, 1-22-2016

WildCard

There maybe another thread that addresses this and if there is please don't take offense.

I just finished reading the Buff News piece on McGinn and My heart kinda sank knowing that this guy could be traded.

In the beginning of the season I didn't know what to think of the guy but, in the past month or so I have come to appreciate what he brings to this team.

Earlier in the year the Sabres talked about being a team that is tough to play against and IMO he epitomizes what it means to be tough to play against.

Time and time again his effort to be first to the puck and his ability to be hard on guys along the boards may not show up in the traditional stat column; however, he's exactly what this team needs especially against bigger opponents.

His willingness to positions himself in front of the net and the success speaks for itself.

His confidence on the ice and the echoes of worth that comes from his fellow warriors suggests McGinn is not only a quality player on the ice, but is a player that is a positive influence and possesses the ability to inspires others around him.

I'm sure management will make a decision regarding McGinn that is best for the team; however, it would be very disappointing to see him leave the Sabres family.

There maybe another thread that addresses this and if there is please don't take offense.

I just finished reading the Buff News piece on McGinn and My heart kinda sank knowing that this guy could be traded.

In the beginning of the season I didn't know what to think of the guy but, in the past month or so I have come to appreciate what he brings to this team.

Earlier in the year the Sabres talked about being a team that is tough to play against and IMO he epitomizes what it means to be tough to play against.

Time and time again his effort to be first to the puck and his ability to be hard on guys along the boards may not show up in the traditional stat column; however, he's exactly what this team needs especially against bigger opponents.

His willingness to positions himself in front of the net and the success speaks for itself.

His confidence on the ice and the echoes of worth that comes from his fellow warriors suggests McGinn is not only a quality player on the ice, but is a player that is a positive influence and possesses the ability to inspires others around him.

I'm sure management will make a decision regarding McGinn that is best for the team; however, it would be very disappointing to see him leave the Sabres family.

Did the BN article make it seem like trading an asset that is heading into UFA in a season where we'll miss the playoffs is an act that smells of perpetual basement-dwelling rebuilding?

You know what i mean, we had games that chad and linus pld well even with wins, and the switch still happened

Honestly I would guess Murray and Byslma have had conversations about this year and the plan for Lehner.  He probably will see the majority of the starts post all star break. Chad Johnson has played well but he is a career backup. Truth be told, Buffalo is not a playoff bound team which means the plan should be to get any and all players who are staying up to speed so next year we can be in the playoffs.

Why the hell is this game blacked out on Gamecenter?  It isn't a NBC game... what the !!!!!!

Did the BN article make it seem like trading an asset that is heading into UFA in a season where we'll miss the playoffs is an act that smells of perpetual basement-dwelling rebuilding?

The article seemed to be a balance of both options.

My impression was that they will likely look to get more pieces.

I don't know, I would hate to see McGinn go.

My cap acumen is zero, so I have trouble seeing all the pieces of the puzzle, and what it will take to keep him.

What will the market bear for guy like McGinn?

Edited by hockeyhound

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.